Page 1 of 1
Construction ship building wrong station
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 pm
by Volcano
I have just updated my game with 1.03 patch and I have started a new game, huge galaxy (1400 stars) and sandbox mode as Human. Starting in the Sol system, I looked at the expansion planner to see which luxury resources were needed.
I located two of those resources on an icy planet in my home system, and I used the expansion planner to order the building of a mining station on the icy planet, but instead of building a regular mining station, the construction ship started building a gas mining station on the icy planet...
RE: Construction ship building wrong station
Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:32 pm
by elliotg
That's correct - the resources on Ice planets require Gas Mining stations to extract. The strategic resource for them is Tyderios gas. The Expansion Planner will select the appropriate type of mining station to build (gas or normal).
RE: Construction ship building wrong station
Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 am
by Volcano
Ok, but that sounded a little strange to build a gas mining station to a non gas planet ^^
RE: Construction ship building wrong station
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:16 pm
by Astorax
Hey guys, I had a problem similar to this except that it was a constructor building a research base at a black hole and a neutron star that was obsoleted. I had obsoleted all the individual research type bases and made a universal research base, told it to to build this and it built say an energy one instead. I have since retried to build the "SuperLab" base and it seems to have a different cost every time I look at it from the constructor right click menu. I have yet to have it actually build the right base.
New game with 1.03, btw.
RE: Construction ship building wrong station
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:06 am
by elliotg
ORIGINAL: Astorax Hey guys, I had a problem similar to this except that it was a constructor building a research base at a black hole and a neutron star that was obsoleted. I had obsoleted all the individual research type bases and made a universal research base, told it to to build this and it built say an energy one instead. I have since retried to build the "SuperLab" base and it seems to have a different cost every time I look at it from the constructor right click menu. I have yet to have it actually build the right base.
We'll take a look at this Astorax. Thanks for reporting this.
RE: Construction ship building wrong station
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:45 am
by Astorax
No, thank you, Elliotg, for making this super fun game, mate. Even with the occasional bug, its easily the most engrossing space 4x I've played in awhile. [:)]
RE: Construction ship building wrong station
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:01 am
by Fishman
Well, it would be if it didn't constantly crash and burn spectacularly, anyway. Can confirm the building of nonexistent energy research lab designs, though. AI should not be permitted to build any design the player has intentionally removed, generally to prevent it from being built.
RE: Construction ship building wrong station
Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:31 pm
by Astorax
Elliotg, I started another game (yes, I'm a restarter) and I'm starting to think it has to do with primarily the black holes. Again, I had obsoleted all other types of research starbases and then designed an "Omega Research Base" which is just all the different types on the same base. I zoomed into a black hole so I could see the event horizon thingy, selected a constructor and told it to build an Omega there and it built either a high tech or an energy, I forget now. Either way, both were obsolete and not even on the right click build menu for the constuctor.