Page 1 of 1

1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:27 am
by Wicky
When I attack the unfinished world destroyer then the game suddenly crashes (tried 3x) giving me this message.

I noticed that one enemy empire has has already halfway repaired it with constructors, that's why I had to attack to prevent completion.

[edit1] This also happens when I try to attack one of the nearby wreck from a cruiser, obviously no other empire has touched it yet.

[edit2] Upon exiting to windows, Distant World.exe will remain running in memory, saw that in the process list.

Image

RE: 1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:37 am
by elliotg
This is a known bug in version 1.0.2. This problem has been fixed in version 1.0.3. Your most recent 1.0.2 savegame should still play fine in 1.0.3 too.

RE: 1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:00 am
by Wicky
Thanks!

RE: 1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:07 pm
by D.W.O.H
man im glad i built it then,lol

RE: 1.02 crash when attacking unfinished world destroyer

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:10 pm
by taltamir
you know you can (although it is VERY difficult to) target the construction ship that is building the world destroyer... it will immediately cease construction and escape (if not be outright destroyed) you can then finish the world destroyer yourself and gain control of it.