Page 1 of 1

No destroyers?

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:18 am
by Gertjan
In the beginning I could build destroyers, but after some time they disappeared from the latest/non-obsolete design screen: Image

RE: No destroyers?

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:22 am
by Fishman
Try scrolling up? It's probably up there somewhere. Otherwise, all of your destroyers are obsolete and you have to design a new one.

RE: No destroyers?

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:40 am
by Gertjan
Thanks for the response, but I'm not stupid [;)]. I filtered on role. These are my only military designs that are non-obsolete. I've auto ship design on. So the AI should always have a destroyer imho.

RE: No destroyers?

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:07 pm
by Fishman
Well, then, maybe he just hasn't bothered to make one yet. The AI's autodesigning isn't instantenous, or I'd never be rid of his useless defense bases.

RE: No destroyers?

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:34 pm
by Volcano
I have seen this, it's because your designs have become too big for your building abilities. You simply are not able any more to build destroyers because they are too big ;)

Use the filtering option "show non obsolete designs" ;) and launch a crash program in construction :D

RE: No destroyers?

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:28 pm
by Gertjan
Volcano, thanks for the tip. I did that and it worked.

RE: No destroyers?

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:41 pm
by Fishman
Heh, I'm surprised t's 2768 and the best he has is still the starting shipyard. :P I don't even make escorts that puny. :P

RE: No destroyers?

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:19 am
by Gertjan
I was playing on auto, so let the AI take care of research and design. Apparently the upgrade to the shipyards came very late. I didn't need large military ships yet (since I was not planning on going to war, so you would only get additional maintenance costs).