Page 1 of 1

Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:18 pm
by Webbco
Hi Erik,

I just wanted to say that I tried queueing up a resort base using my construction ship but it wasn't available as a right-click menu option.

I know this issue should have been resolved in 1.03 (I have the non-beta patch) but it's not working!

Would a save game help?

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:38 pm
by Fishman
How would that even work? To queue something, you have to rightclick on the construction ship...which then gives you no means of indicating where you want the resort base.

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:46 pm
by Astorax
No, you go to where you want the resort base, zoomed in sufficiently, then open your ships screen, scroll to your constructor. Select it. Close the screen. You are still at the resort spot so you just rightclick the planet/whatever and goto queue.

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:15 pm
by Webbco
Fishman and Astorax, I'm not sure you know the situation I've got..either that or you don't know this game very well yet...

The quickest way to build a resort base (for me anyway) when construction ships are all busy is to:

1. Decide on location to build base

2. Cycle through all available construction ships using the bottom left icons (I only usually have about 4-6 early on in game due to maintenance costs of these beasts)

3. If they are all busy building other things, select closest ship to research location

4. Zoom out to galaxy, then, with appropriate construction ship selected, right click on research location and click: Queue Next Mission > Build Here > Resort Base

My problem is, the base does not show up at all on the menu when I want to queue its construction. It's there when I want to immediately build it.

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:45 pm
by Astorax
Which part of what you just listed contradicted what I said, Webbco? Heh. You cycled through your constructors via the bottom left icons while I went into the ships screen. <shrug>

Also, I get that its not listed, I was just explaining to Fishman how its done (if it were listed).

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:50 pm
by Webbco
Astorax, maybe I misunderstood you. I assumed your first post was telling me how I can build a resort base, which would have been about as helpful as a poke in the eye.

Looking back on what you wrote, it looks like you directed it at Fishman...? If that's the case, sorry about the tone.

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:09 pm
by Webbco
bump

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:31 pm
by gunnergoz
I was able to build a resort in a supernova by simply moving the construction ship there and right clicking, then selecting resort base from the menu. I think the options available are dictated by exactly where on-screen you are clicking. If you right-click on a spot that is ineligible for such a base, it does not show up as an option in the right-click menu. Re-reading this thread though, I see now that your question was about queuing up such projects...perhaps not what I answered. [X(] [:D]

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:55 pm
by Erik Rutins
Thanks for the report, we will try to duplicate and if there is an issue, fix.

RE: Queueing Resort Base

Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:25 pm
by Webbco
Hi Erik,

Just to note that the resort base issue is still present with 1.04. Cannot get construction ship to queue resort base up as the next mission.

Edit: Oh actually, it works fine now!! Thanks Erik and team!

Edit no. 2: Ok I've narrowed it down a bit...it DOESN'T work on neutron stars. Supernovas it's fine.