Page 1 of 1
GUI Issues that still annoy me
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:52 am
by Joram
I keep coming across this but some ships with default actions, I can't right click on a planet and tell it what I really want to do. For instance, if I have a cruiser that can carry troops, it defaults to picking up troops but what I really want to do is refuel. I know I can choose 'refuel nearest' but that doesn't always produce desirable results. So can you either just remove the default actions or allow a different way of choosing the variety of actions that can be done when right clicking.
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 am
by Sigh
yes please... Also i think less should be automated and more emphasis placed on regional commands..
Why cant i just have fleets/ships patrol a sector or system? Why cant i just rightclick a space monster and select a command like "coordinate attack" instead of having to scrounge up any nearby ships (a process that takes well over 5 mins in some cases)
And HOW DO I RETROFIT SHIPS????
Yeah its easy with a single fleet or single ship.. but PLEASE dont tell me i have to go through each and every older ship and retrofit it manually. If i do have to im coming to matrix games with a... well never mind that.
Will the "automation" take over retrofitting? If no then how does the AI do it? Or does it sit around with a bunch of old ships
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:14 pm
by HsojVvad
I find it annoying as well, when in some cases I can right click and issue to refuel here and in other instances I can't. Also I don't know why I can't wich is so frustrating.
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:30 pm
by deanco2
You can get the menu you want by zooming way out and right clicking on a star.
I totally agree, the right click should be uniform, no matter where you are in the zoom.
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:02 pm
by Erik Rutins
Some items are zoom level-sensitive. This is by design as they are basically "context-sensitive" and the zoom level is part of the context.
We can and will improve the menu options and behaviors though. Allowing a right click "refuel here" choice for all instances makes sense. You may also note the planned improvements I've posted for the next update regarding auto-refuel and retrofit.
RE: GUI Issues that still annoy me
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:30 pm
by deanco2
ORIGINAL: Davor
I find it annoying as well, when in some cases I can right click and issue to refuel here and in other instances I can't. Also I don't know why I can't wich is so frustrating.
Hi Erik,
Well, there's one user that has already reported a usability problem WRT the context sensitive zoom. Personally, it took me several half-games to figure it out.
I would get rid of the icons in zoomed in mode and just provide the full (most options) right click menu everywhere, no matter the zoom.
By the way, you're probably the nicest, most polite, hardworking, and helpful moderator on the internet. Well done.