Bug Game Crash
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:57 am
My system: 4 gigs ram One Terabyte hd
ATI Radeon 5850 Intel i7 860
updated game with the latest 1.03 patch....it solved most of the crash problems but not all.
Playing w the biggest galaxy and 12 races and I have less that 100 ships..... The game will crash unexpectantly when trying to open say the diplomacy menu.
I am inclined to think this is a graphics issue because it is NOT exclusive to a single menu. It occurs in the build menu and the ships menu as well It also occurs in the design menu, especially if you try and upgrade ALL your ships at once.
Oddly enough the crash doesnt shut the game down, this may be a windows7 feature. While it is busy asking if I want to mail MS, I hit escape and save the game. So far this works quite well, however it is a very large pain w a big game file.
ATI Radeon 5850 Intel i7 860
updated game with the latest 1.03 patch....it solved most of the crash problems but not all.
Playing w the biggest galaxy and 12 races and I have less that 100 ships..... The game will crash unexpectantly when trying to open say the diplomacy menu.
I am inclined to think this is a graphics issue because it is NOT exclusive to a single menu. It occurs in the build menu and the ships menu as well It also occurs in the design menu, especially if you try and upgrade ALL your ships at once.
Oddly enough the crash doesnt shut the game down, this may be a windows7 feature. While it is busy asking if I want to mail MS, I hit escape and save the game. So far this works quite well, however it is a very large pain w a big game file.