Page 1 of 1

Different Warpspeeds of Civ/Mil Ships

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:27 am
by Astorax
Hey guys, I saw this and thought it curious. I restarted (again) and had just researched the Kaldos Hyperdrive KH-3 which lists a 23000 warpspeed. I upgraded my ships and noticed that my civilian ships pretty much all warped slower than the listed max warpspeed but that the number of habitation and life support modules affected it. I then checked my military ships and they invariably went 23000 no matter how many hab/ls modules.

Is this WAD or what?

RE: Different Warpspeeds of Civ/Mil Ships

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:55 am
by Fishman
There's no difference, unless your ships don't have enough reactors to fully power their warp drives. An underpowered warp drive performs at less than full speed.

RE: Different Warpspeeds of Civ/Mil Ships

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:19 am
by Astorax
...weirdness! You are entirely correct, Fishman. I had enough reactor power to cover the static but I guess not the warp energy drain. I added another reactor to the affected ships and they all go 23k now.

Thanks!

PS- Just btw, do you happen to know if there is any Manufacture tech beyond *-300 series? When I popped a pirate base, some ships defected to me or somesuch. In anycase, they all had very nice mods on them (repairbot etc) so I just retired them to get the research bump. Well, it bumped my Manufacture tech up and now for the next tech in line its "None".

RE: Different Warpspeeds of Civ/Mil Ships

Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:25 am
by Fishman
Nope. Once it says "none", that's it. The 300s are the final word on manufacturing.