Page 1 of 1
Intro Video
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:52 am
by SvenNyqvist
Is it possible to interrupt the Intro videos? I would like to do that. After a couple of times it is just an increased loading time.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 am
by Drusek
Just click the mouse button [:)]
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:59 am
by SvenNyqvist
Thanks! I tried the Escape key but that did not function.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:56 pm
by HsojVvad
When ever I click on the mouse the intro movies stops.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:57 pm
by 2guncohen
Can you change ( edit ) the intro movie ? [:D]
Thats a more intresting question.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:32 pm
by SvenNyqvist
The mouse click works fine.
You probably can change the into movie. The movies are in the sub-folder "Movies". If you save something else under the same name I assume it would work.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:56 am
by shanicus
Is it possible to turn off the intro movie?
Now that would be neat.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:22 am
by taltamir
ORIGINAL: shanicus
Is it possible to turn off the intro movie?
Now that would be neat.
agreed. I am using the betas so I get crashes often (as expect of a beta). but this means I get to watch (or rather, manually interrupt) the intro video again and again and again.
Would be great if i could just turn it off completely.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:14 am
by HsojVvad
ORIGINAL: shanicus
Is it possible to turn off the intro movie?
Now that would be neat.
Is it really that hard to click the mouse button once when the intro starts?
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:32 pm
by taltamir
ORIGINAL: Davor
ORIGINAL: shanicus
Is it possible to turn off the intro movie?
Now that would be neat.
Is it really that hard to click the mouse button once when the intro starts?
yes, yes it is.
it also slows down the loading of the game itself. (oh, and an option to not start with the galactopedia open).
last night I was isolating a crash to submit a save which replicates it reliably... i had to run the game more then 10 times in a row doing that.
but even if not... if i run the game several times a day for a few months now that is still a lot of clicking that I want to avoid. there is a reason why people make "no intro hacks" for every game ever made. it is a hack that does NOT crack the DRM and does NOT let you pirate the game... it simply disables the into movies... they make them for every game that doesn't have a built in option to do so.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:44 pm
by madpainter
ORIGINAL: taltamir
yes, yes it is.
it also slows down the loading of the game itself. (oh, and an option to not start with the galactopedia open).
last night I was isolating a crash to submit a save which replicates it reliably... i had to run the game more then 10 times in a row doing that.
but even if not... if i run the game several times a day for a few months now that is still a lot of clicking that I want to avoid. there is a reason why people make "no intro hacks" for every game ever made. it is a hack that does NOT crack the DRM and does NOT let you pirate the game... it simply disables the into movies... they make them for every game that doesn't have a built in option to do so.
There is a box in the bottom left corner of the galactopedia that disables it from opening at start.
And I agree ditching the intro would be cool, I might try replacing it with a tiny video clip and see if that works.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:59 pm
by EisenHammer
I think Matrix and Codeforce should put this last on their list.
Seriously, I think there are things that are more important for Codeforce and Matrix to do.
RE: Intro Video
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:10 pm
by taltamir
sure... there are more important things to do. but it should still go on the list.