Page 1 of 1
Any fix to the online tutorial ?
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:58 am
by n01487477
I've even downloaded and installed UnMht ... using both firefox and IE8, reinstalled and this problem still exists. This was something I reported post patch 1 & can usually fix my own probs ... Anyone with the same problem got a fix for this ?
Original post
tm.asp?m=2415125
RE: Any fix to the online tutorial ?
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:14 am
by FerretStyle
They can't fix it, because it's an IE problem. A problem with no apparent solution.
Hopefully they get around to changing the format to one readable without any external applications.
RE: Any fix to the online tutorial ?
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:43 am
by sbach2o
I am a bit speculating here, since I do not have access to a computer with IE8 for a test installation of Distant Worlds.
But there are some significant changes from IE-before-8 to IE8. You might try to fiddle with 'Compatibility View' in your browser. Follow the instructions for 'Method 2' described by Microsoft in a
Knowledge Base article. This is a blind shot, as I cannot test this out myself, but worth a try.
RE: Any fix to the online tutorial ?
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:16 am
by Sliverine
why are they using html variants to display their in-game manual anyway? lol
RE: Any fix to the online tutorial ?
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:49 am
by Okim
Well, perhaps it was much easier to use html than to write a self-sufficient engine that is both time consuming and costly
RE: Any fix to the online tutorial ?
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:02 am
by Sliverine
hmm that is no doubt true...but what are they using to render the galactopedia's html codes? Are they using IE?