Page 1 of 1

1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:05 am
by Chet Guiles
Another bug? I will try again and see what happens.

I am at year 2760.03.29 in a new game. I now get the message despite the fact that there are a dozen or more colonizable worlds that I can't build more colony ships and that none are available to colonize worlds. Neither is correct. I can manually tell the game to build ships and it does. But it won't let me send them anywhere...



Image

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 am
by Chet Guiles
Continuing the saga, here is the "Can't Build" notofication...

Image

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:07 am
by Chet Guiles
Oops. I duplicated the attachment. Sorry.

Image

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:08 am
by Chet Guiles
Final note. Anyway I have colony ships and planets to colonize but it won't let me do it. Any suggestions? I will start a new game and see if I hit the same kind of roadblock.

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:55 am
by n01487477
ORIGINAL: Chet Guiles

Final note. Anyway I have colony ships and planets to colonize but it won't let me do it. Any suggestions? I will start a new game and see if I hit the same kind of roadblock.
Isn't this WAD (yes the display is wrong), but you probably don't have the tech to develop Ice worlds... in my game had this too, but researched more habs and then was allowed to inhabit and build these worlds... still would be nice if they didn't show ...

RE: 1.04 Beta 2 -- Won't Let Me Colonize

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:39 am
by Fishman
There *IS* no tech to colonize ice worlds. Only ice-world races can colonize ice worlds. It's possible that the new change to list all worlds instead of arbitrarily selecting only the ones the game thinks are good is making it so the ice worlds are listed even if you lack an ice race planet to colonize from.