Page 1 of 1

Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:08 am
by aprezto
I don't know if the construction ships retrofit was a red-herring but here is the output.

By the way, getting quite alot of ctd with the new version.

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:37 pm
by Sliverine
it seems like a variation of the DateTime object referencing issue. This error seems to be rather general as it can affect anything and everything.

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:30 pm
by taltamir
i also had similar crash when trying to retrofit a construction ship.

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:51 pm
by JasmoVT
My experience is this will happen when you retro fit any custom deisgn including automated ships trying to retro fit. I even had it happen once when i just looked at a ship in the design editor and did not chnage anything. 1-04b is a great improvement except the custom design is effectively broken. I hope they can find a fix quickly. This is very disappointing in a game I am finding quite good.

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:32 am
by Resan
Well, that's why it's still in beta I guess [;)]

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:47 pm
by taltamir
ORIGINAL: Resan

Well, that's why it's still in beta I guess [;)]
and that is why we are providing bug reports for it. We know that we are playing a beta its gonna have new bugs and we are trying to help solve them by identifying what causes them, that is all.

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:23 pm
by elliotg
ORIGINAL: aprezto

I don't know if the construction ships retrofit was a red-herring but here is the output.

By the way, getting quite alot of ctd with the new version.
Thanks for that report. This has been fixed in beta3 which should be available in the next day or two.

RE: Crash when retrofitting construction ships

Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:27 pm
by taltamir
ORIGINAL: elliotg
ORIGINAL: aprezto

I don't know if the construction ships retrofit was a red-herring but here is the output.

By the way, getting quite alot of ctd with the new version.
Thanks for that report. This has been fixed in beta3 which should be available in the next day or two.
you guys are awesome! thanks!

I really appreciate it and I am sure I am not the only one :P