Page 1 of 1

'Stuttering'

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:36 am
by technotica
Greetings,

I consider buying Distant Worlds and I have watched the exploration, game controls etc. videos on youtube. One thing I noticed is that it looks as if all movement in the game is kind of 'stuttery', ships don't seem to move fluidly but a little jerky. Is that just because of the videos or do they move like that in game too?

RE: 'Stuttering'

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:41 am
by Jamoid
ship movement, planet orbit and the like are fairly smooth, the stuttering is mainly just while zooming in/out and on the minimap. while annoying it's not a dealbreaker.

RE: 'Stuttering'

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:31 am
by Bartje
Thats just the videos, I don't know why they look like that. I saw it in a modding (starwars mod) movie on YouTube as well today.

Its not in the game though

RE: 'Stuttering'

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:40 am
by technotica
Ah, great, that was one thing keeping me from buying it (a demo would be nice :P ). *goes now and buys the game*

RE: 'Stuttering'

Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 pm
by lordxorn
That is Fraps causing the stuttering.

Also before release we were all concerned with the youtube videos released from Codeforce, and the stuttering. We were assured it was the vid cap software, and post release that turned out to be true.