Page 1 of 1

Saved Game Failed to Load !!!

Posted: Thu May 30, 2002 2:38 am
by VikingNo2
I seem to be able to send an Email game to someone but when I get it back I get the message " Saved Game Failed to Load !!! " This has happened with two different players is this a common occurance ? I have reinstalled V7.1 w/patch and I still get the same problem. Help.


I currently use the comprssion software in Windows ME I have used it in the past with an earlier version of SPWAW with no problems

Try the following...

Posted: Thu May 30, 2002 2:49 am
by Orzel Bialy
make sure your opponent is also running the same version of SPWAW (7.1) and also make sure that you don't have any special OoB's that he might not have...as I thought I read once that that can cause issues as well.

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:45 am
by tiggwigg
I have made many replies on this issue...I believe it happens when your game files are corrupt for some reason (no option but to play the turn again), or more commonly when the 3 turn files have different time stamps (one, I think the .cmt always has the date/time the game started, but the other three - dat, rec and aux - should all have the same date time). If they don't you get that message and can't load the turn.

There has been a lot of discussion on this (is this the synch problem?)...from my experience it only happens sometimes when you have been playing a turn solitaire (non-PBEM)...then play a PBEM turn...In SPWAW v5 it happened dozens of times until I worked this out.

In short, before you play PBEM, exit the game back to the launch screen that has the game, manuals, etc, then start the game again and select PBEM...since doing this I have NEVER had a game load problem.

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:21 am
by Supervisor
Check this thread, it explains why secure PBEM games fail to load as what causes this to happen is not always clear. Saved games failed to load