Page 1 of 1

Scenarios

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:06 pm
by jeffk3510
I reinstalled this game on my computer, and have the latest patch....

Why is it that only 3 scenarios show up? Instead of the 5 or so from the previous time I had this game installed....

RE: Scenarios

Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:08 pm
by Gil R.
I don't have the list of patches available at the moment, but it seems possible that the most recent patch was supposed to be installed over a previous patch, not directly over the the game as installed from CD/download.

At one point Matrix updated the gold master, so that new copies of FOF would be "patched up" to a certain point, after which I believe we released only one more patch. How old is your copy?

Or, I guess it's always possible that you have a corrupt download, which does sometimes happen.

RE: Scenarios

Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:39 pm
by jeffk3510
Gil- must have been corrupt, just re-downloaded, and it is fine now.

I think this is MIGHTY fine game... but I don't like how the detailed combat plays out....I was a HUGE fan of CWG2...I would love to see that format for the battles, and no pre picked of what brigades I HAVE to move....Oh well, still ok none the less.

RE: Scenarios

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:33 am
by Gil R.
Glad it's working, and that you're enjoying the game.

And I'm pleased to report that in "Brother against Brother," the new tactical-only game that we're creating from a greatly modified version of this engine, YOU are the one who clicks on units in whatever order you prefer.

RE: Scenarios

Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:32 pm
by jeffk3510
I remember when they were talking about a CWG3 and everyone wanted a real time battle... when I play SMG with A LOT of units, its so tough to coordinate and execute my plan effeciently, that is why a turn bases like FOF and CWG is great, I am just tied to CWG2, looking forward to Brother against Brother though... thanks.

Any tips for the detailed battle on FOF? I just let the comp do it because I get so frustrated....

RE: Scenarios

Posted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:03 pm
by Gil R.
There are are probably a lot of tips to be found in the War Room sub-forum. Also, look for some of Hard Sarge's old OOB's, which might help. Those will be more useful than anything I might think of off the top of my head.