Page 1 of 5
Price of this game.
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 pm
by axisandallies
Let's get this out in the open now. This game is around the corner I know it. So what is going to be the SRP of this game? My guess is going to be 59.99 for DDL.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:48 pm
by wodin
This game is a monster game and will be priced similar to War in the Pacific I expect. I expect around $80, so don't kid yourself.
I actually don't have a problem with this because we have been informed it will be a premium price....forwarned and all that...
Also with Panthers Game its an update version of their previous game which isnt really a monster like War in the Pacific and this one so for me though I was excited about the Bulge game it wasn't going to be a game I coudn't live without or beg and borrow for (literally).
With this game at least I know it will be expensive and I have plenty of time to budget for it...no massive suprises....
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:18 pm
by axisandallies
ORIGINAL: wodin
This game is a monster game and will be priced similar to War in the Pacific I expect. I expect around $80, so don't kid yourself.
I actually don't have a problem with this because we have been informed it will be a premium price....forwarned and all that...
Also with Panthers Game its an update version of their previous game which isnt really a monster like War in the Pacific and this one so for me though I was excited about the Bulge game it wasn't going to be a game I coudn't live without or beg and borrow for (literally).
With this game at least I know it will be expensive and I have plenty of time to budget for it...no massive suprises....
Well I guess I would pay $80 for this game. I will buy this game. But I don't see Matrix games going back to back $80 games, it would be like WWIII.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:28 pm
by htuna
Out of my price range
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:32 pm
by wodin
I think this game is a fair few months away as they haven't hit beta yet.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:43 pm
by Muzrub
The theory is $80, costly.
Of course a lot of work has gone into it, but that is the case with most things.
My question is $80 (or there about's) for boxed version, or cheaper for digital download?
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:45 pm
by axisandallies
Wodin, I know you are on a budget and so am I. Every month I save $25 for wargames. Last wargame I bought was scwc from battlefront. I enjoyed slitherine until the matrix merger. I wish there was more sites we could download games from i.e games that just came out.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:47 pm
by axisandallies
ORIGINAL: Muzrub
The theory is $80, costly.
Of course a lot of work has gone into it, but that is the case with most things.
My question is $80 (or there about's) for boxed version, or cheaper for digital download?
I don't think they could ask more than 59.99 ddl for this game.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:10 am
by usecase
Obviously, they can ask whatever price they like. I was loathe to post on the Bulge forum, but while I don't mind paying for a monster game like WITP-AE, I won't pay a premium for a smaller scale game. I'm going to buy WITE as long as I can play the whole campaign.
The only thing that would put me off is if they released a version covering (say) '41-'43

and saved the rest for an expansion pack. Of course, that's not going to happen, thank goodness.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:49 am
by demyansk
I won't pay 80 bucks, I'll continue to play TOAW3. In the $ 40.00 price range more like it.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:41 am
by Hard Sarge
ORIGINAL: usecase
Obviously, they can ask whatever price they like. I was loathe to post on the Bulge forum, but while I don't mind paying for a monster game like WITP-AE, I won't pay a premium for a smaller scale game. I'm going to buy WITE as long as I can play the whole campaign.
The only thing that would put me off is if they released a version covering (say) '41-'43

and saved the rest for an expansion pack. Of course, that's not going to happen, thank goodness.
as a tester that is out of my area, so can't say yea or nay about any of that, but will let you know that YES, it does cover the whole war from the get go
as of right now, we got a 41-45, 42-45, 43-45, 44-45 Campaign game, plus some shorter battles, and have some plans to add more
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:31 am
by elmo3
There has not been any price discussion in the tester forums. However there is no reason to think we'd have any input on that anyway. So we'll probably all know the price when the game is announced.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:44 am
by ool
It is worth $80.00 considering the scale of the undertaking. How can anybody expect these companies to put in this kind of effort then put it out "On the cheap"? They have to make a reasonable profit to stay in this business. You can't afford it? Get a part time job for a few weekends. The years of pure enjoyment you will get form this game will more than compensate people for the extra cost.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:47 am
by ComradeP
80 dollars for a title like this is a more than respectable price, that's the same as for WitP:AE and the scale and scope of the games are certainly comparable.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:52 am
by Hard Sarge
one issue with these kinds of posts, you may give them ideas, they didn't have to begin with
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:22 pm
by janh
This appears to become a monster, so it is surely worth more than $40-50 since it'll hopefully keep you occupied for 2-3 years with the good AI that it will hopefully show. You'll save a lot if it does -- and not buy anything else.
$80 is the range of WITP-AE, which appears still an order of magnitude more detailed with the production, R&D and all fronts of Pac-War included. So maybe $60 for this one sounds like it would be a reasonable compromise between all the competition. Maybe $80 if they bring back more feature and other fronts later?
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:42 pm
by PyleDriver
You guys don't know marketing, it's not 80 dollars, its 79.95...lol...Really it's up to the guys up stairs on the cost. It will be well spent dollars whatever the cost, trust me.
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:07 pm
by colberki
I am willing to pay 79.95 and an extra 50 for a nice printed manual with a large font size where grognards of the 1993 can actually read it! Meaning it needs to be bigger than the CD case mini sized one!
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:40 pm
by Neal_MLC
$80.00 is a fair price for this game, Just look at the detail included. I paid $80.00 for Witp six years ago and I am still playing it and I know that I will playing WitE for at least 6 years. These games are Quality, with a capital "Q". I would pay $100 for this game.
If this game is successful we might be able to get Matrix to do something else with this engine. Maybe something like a "France 1940"...
RE: Price of this game.
Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:08 pm
by USSLockwood
Monster games command monster prices. World in Flames costs several hundred dollars. I think Decision game's 'War in the Pacific' costs close to $500 with the expansion. Of course both those games are board games and have more physical components than WitE. I was willing to pay $80 for WitP-AE, I suppose I'll be willing to pay that much for WitE.