Page 1 of 1

Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:20 am
by EagleMountainDK
Hi,

Malm and I bought Bulge yesterday and have both played through the wonderful tutorial movies. Arjuna, you have a really calm and nice voice - good work[:)]

Since we are both COBB noobs I'm wondering if some of you beta tester and/or hard core players would recommend a good multiplayer scenario for us? Maybe not the biggest scenarios but again not the smallest either, since its nice to have something to order around [:D]

Thanks in advance.
Mark

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:55 am
by MarkShot
You can see the XLS I uploaded in terms of some scenario stats to help you pick a scenario. I am not too familiar with them. So, I don't know what would work well for MP.

See:

tm.asp?m=2479970

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:58 am
by Arjuna
Try Battle of the Roadblocks.

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:43 am
by EagleMountainDK
Thanks guys!

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:29 pm
by EagleMountainDK
Malm and I have just played "Battle of the Roadblocks". Me as US and him as Germany. What a hectic battle. I won, but only because we are so new to this game. I kinda lost track of the battle after the airborne troops arrived. Way to difficult to organize (for me).

When the s... hit the fan we are way to in-experienced to read the different status symbols and react to what they try to say to us. But the two most annoying things for me were my OOB and units resting. Those GI's took a nap even though the Germans were in front of their door, not sure how to tell them not to rest before taking an order. The OOB is easy enough when you can pause the game at your leisure, but in MP when both has too agree of the speed setting, its way more difficult. But I'm pretty sure it will be more clear with experience [:'(]

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:42 pm
by JaguarUSF
ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

not sure how to tell them not to rest before taking an order.

When you issue an order, in the order detail list there is an option at the very bottom for "rest". Set it to "none".

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:16 pm
by FredSanford3
ORIGINAL: JaguarUSF

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

not sure how to tell them not to rest before taking an order.

When you issue an order, in the order detail list there is an option at the very bottom for "rest". Set it to "none".

Units seem to accumulate fatigue MUCH faster than in COTA. It looks like you accumulate fatigue defending as much as attacking now, or the fatigue-from-bombardment is set really high. I'm playing Race for Bastogne as the US right now, my guys have barely moved from the starting locations and they're exhausted- 89% (they pass out at 90% I think, and then drops down to 89 right after).

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:32 pm
by EagleMountainDK
ORIGINAL: JaguarUSF

ORIGINAL: Cougar_DK

not sure how to tell them not to rest before taking an order.

When you issue an order, in the order detail list there is an option at the very bottom for "rest". Set it to "none".

Thanks.

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:21 pm
by eMonticello
ORIGINAL: Franklin Nimitz
Units seem to accumulate fatigue MUCH faster than in COTA.
Could weather be playing a larger part in accumulating fatigue? Ardennes: -3C (27F)and muddy vs. Crete: 14C. (57F) and dry.

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:24 pm
by MarkShot
Fatigue and rest received some major work in BFTB. I believe fatigue rates were increased relative to COTA.

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:55 am
by Arjuna
Yes weather does play a big part in the increased fatigue rates. However, if your guys are defending in urban they fatigue a lot less. This reflects the benefits derived from the shelter they can get in a village or town.

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Mon May 31, 2010 5:57 am
by Arjuna
When playing multiplayer the game runs at whatever the slowest speed setting is. Eg if you have it set to fast but your opponent sets it to Normal, then it will run at the Normal rate. If you then pause, the game will pause. So don't be afraid to take your time in multiplayer. Having said that I generally send a chat mesage to him when I pause just as a courtesy.

Also you can tell what speed setting your opponent is on by the highlighted colour on the run buttons if he is ata different speed.

RE: Good Beginner Multiplayer Scenario

Posted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:41 pm
by EagleMountainDK
Yeah, we figured out the speed settings last night [:D]

But my game crashed. Not sure why, but will be on the look out for could be causing it.