Page 1 of 1

Battleground Europe

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:38 pm
by nervi
Oh man, they might be starting their final stress test ,before their big major graphical patch will go life !

I am gonna play battleground europe or its ancient name wwiionline again, when that happens


The Final Countdown?
5908
12345(2 votes, average 5.00 out of 5) Written by MOTORMOUTH
Thursday, 03 June 2010 10:58
UPDATE: TIME CHANGE! This could be it, girls and boys! The expected Final Stress Test before we go live with 1.31. We need as many people as possible to log in to the Beta server tonight between 5pm and 9pmCST(22:00UTC/GMT). The long checklist of "fixed!" tickets that got knocked off this week needs to be tested and the server pushed. The Open Beta weekend went great and allowed the team to get a handle on the outstanding problems with 1.31.

Here is a list of the specific things we are looking to test:

- Is there still grass on roads?
- Is there any grass in buildings?
- Is the night lighting ok?
- Do paratroopers work properly?
- Are there invisible aircraft?
- Are capture zones still working correctly?
- Are there any anomalies while going prone over rough terrain?
- Any issues with visible damage?

We have several stickied feedback and "Need Test" threads that we need your help with. Check them out and leave your feedback in the Open Beta Testing forum.

Links to the current version download can be found here.


RE: Battleground Europe

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:32 am
by SlickWilhelm
Ah yes, good ol WW2OL. I was there on opening day, and played for about six years. What exactly are they doing to it graphic-wise? 

RE: Battleground Europe

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm
by NefariousKoel
I'd be half interested in trying it again if they redid the game engine.

Even back then the graphics weren't good but the biggest issue I had with it was how clunky the whole thing was. I still had some fun with it but found it frustrating at the same time. [:(]

RE: Battleground Europe

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:08 pm
by Jeffrey H.
I'd consider it again if they did something about the ratios of vehicles to infantry. Also if they leveled the playing field a bit so troopers didn't get all the suck while tankers and pilots have a blast.

RE: Battleground Europe

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:11 pm
by MajFrankBurns
I'll just keep playing Battlefield 1942 it's still quite a lot of fun.