Page 1 of 1

ETA on PBEM patch?

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:07 pm
by ExNavyDoc
I don't want to be a nag or anything, but is there a rough ETA on the patch?

The reason I ask is that I am only 4 days into a long campaign game with another player, and we already are seeing each other's TF's, and seeing combat resolutions from the opposite players perspective.

I know a patch is in the works, but having a rough ETA will help us decide whether to stop this game and restart after the patch, or to struggle on with the current campaign with goofball "solutions" like not watching the screen during the resolution phase.

Also, will pre-patch campaigns in progress still work after the patch?

Thanks,

Mike

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:56 pm
by Paul Vebber
Depends - probably more than a week and less than month....but you never know with these things. The objective always to fix more bugs than you create!!

Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:01 pm
by Hartmann
Originally posted by Paul Vebber
SNIP The objective always to fix more bugs than you create!!
And if this is not a deep truth, I don't know what else is. I remember patches for games which were rendered useless just because of one newly introduced game killing bug. So take your time! :)

Hartmann

Posted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 2:20 am
by David Heath
It will be sooner in this case. We plan on fixing the PBEM bug very soon and making the release.