Page 1 of 1
V7.1 patch?
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 7:42 pm
by kevsharr
I downloaded 7.1 back in jan. the other day I noticed a 7.1 patch that had been introduced in mar.so I downloaded and when I installed it it created it's own folder in the Matrix Games folder how do I install it into the game?
Well you can Try this....
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 8:34 pm
by Orzel Bialy
if it exploded the patch correctly into it's own folder you can check inside that folder to make sure that their is a new .exe icon...the move it into your regular matrixgames folder for SPWAW.
For a while there the patches weren't loading properly because there was a space between the word "matrix & games" during the upgrade process...so it created it's own folder rather than being placed in the folder that it was supposed to drop into.
Hope this helps
Posted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:23 pm
by Supervisor
Good call Orzel, during the installation, remove the space between Matrix Games in the installation path and you will be good to go. After updating, the game menu will display 7.1 at the bottom when properly applied.
Posted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 11:49 pm
by kevsharr
My version already show's 7.1 so is this patch an update for earlier version's?I guess what threw me was the date of the patch-mar.26 02,7.1 came out earlier than that so I assumed that it was a patch for V7.1.
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:16 am
by Supervisor
Yes the one from the Matrix site now is the final 7.1 patch, the one from January was a beta. Open this folder MatrixGames\SPWAW and look for the file mech.exe it should be dated 03/24/2002 or later if you applied the final 7.1 patch properly. If it's any earlier then your still running the beta patch.
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 2:07 pm
by kevsharr
you are correct my version of mech.is dated 11/21/2001!so I evidently didn't download even the beta patch,been running the origal game.So I just downloaded the new patch again because the patch I downloaded earlier when I clicked on it's mech as suggested in earlier reply told me it was damaged and I should download again.I just hope I can make the changes to the matrix games part like you guy's said....by the way thank's for the assistance
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:05 pm
by Supervisor
When applying the 7.1 patch make sure during the installation routine when it asks for correct installation path you remove the space between Matrix Games (MatrixGames) this is imperative or the patch will install to a sub directory and won't overwrite your older files and in turn won't update the game to 7.1 properly.
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:21 am
by kevsharr
Thank's again guy's it went in perfectly when I eliminated the gap,one question though why has this problem been allowed to continue?It's no problem when it's explained but it is a hassle sort of like panzer elite SE one of their mod's has the same problem with a gap between Panzer and Elite and it continues to be a problem months after it's introduction
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 4:28 am
by Supervisor
Because they use an old installer program, it's been causing havoc for us for quite some time.