Page 1 of 1
air unit purchase price
Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:14 am
by gwgardner
Is this WAD, that level 1 and level 2 purchase prices are the same? If so, why?

RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:22 pm
by Razz1
we will have to decide before the next patch. I believe we need to increase it like the previous version.
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:59 pm
by doomtrader
It's a bug
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:41 am
by patchogue
You could argue the extra cost has gone into the research - and once the factories have retooled building the obsolete model would be no cheaper...but it is a bug!
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:56 am
by doomtrader
We are going to correct that for next patch.
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:53 pm
by HR2
ORIGINAL: doomtrader
We are going to correct that for next patch.
Or maybe not:) Air and naval are expensive enough as it is and we did pay for researching.
It shouldn't be much if at all. Afterall how much more if anything to build a Sherman with a 75 or 76 gun:)
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:38 pm
by doomtrader
There is rather difference comparable to Pz IV and Pz V
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:21 am
by 17russia
ORIGINAL: HR2
ORIGINAL: doomtrader
We are going to correct that for next patch.
Or maybe not:) Air and naval are expensive enough as it is and we did pay for researching.
It shouldn't be much if at all. Afterall how much more if anything to build a Sherman with a 75 or 76 gun:)
I think it might cost more to build an Iowa class BB than a South Carolina BB. I think the ToW way of each level of land unit costs different is better. Some units have Panthers, and some have Mark III. Some infantry are line infantry of level III and some are just holding some back water at Level I.
One could make the arguement that the cost of a ship should reflect the Level of the ship. Building the Kaga or the Tahio? Lexington or Essex? Even though I think the Lexington was one of my favorites.
P-36 or P-51 or even a black widdow?
B-17 or a B-29?
Just a thought, but I think the cost differences should be reflected in ships as well.
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:27 pm
by patchogue
What happens with naval upgrades - in ToW don't all the ships automatically promote? I might be imagining this!
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:53 pm
by Razz1
All Ships are built at maximum level. I believe the current ships also get the benefit of the next level.
Why would you build a WWI era BB or Pre-Dreadnought?
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:52 pm
by HR2
ORIGINAL: 17russia
ORIGINAL: HR2
ORIGINAL: doomtrader
We are going to correct that for next patch.
Or maybe not:) Air and naval are expensive enough as it is and we did pay for researching.
It shouldn't be much if at all. Afterall how much more if anything to build a Sherman with a 75 or 76 gun:)
I think it might cost more to build an Iowa class BB than a South Carolina BB. I think the ToW way of each level of land unit costs different is better. Some units have Panthers, and some have Mark III. Some infantry are line infantry of level III and some are just holding some back water at Level I.
One could make the arguement that the cost of a ship should reflect the Level of the ship. Building the Kaga or the Tahio? Lexington or Essex? Even though I think the Lexington was one of my favorites.
P-36 or P-51 or even a black widdow?
B-17 or a B-29?
Just a thought, but I think the cost differences should be reflected in ships as well.
True, but the initital costs are expensive. I haven't been able to build much with the USA other than inf which are a priority early to garrison port moseby and other places the japanese like to invade with seemingly endless inf avail:)
RE: air unit purchase price
Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:41 am
by 17russia
ORIGINAL: Razz
All Ships are built at maximum level. I believe the current ships also get the benefit of the next level.
Why would you build a WWI era BB or Pre-Dreadnought?
Should existing ships upgrade to a new level at all? Should money have to be spent updrading them to the next level, in the some manner as the the repair function.
I would not want to construct a WWI era BB, but I would like the option to construct lower level PG or CV for convoying troops and back water patroll areas so leaving the option to construct any level of any ship type is just an Idea. Not all of the wartime ships Japan constructed were first rate for the technology Japan had at the time.
In a naval game it would also be cool to have the option to construct CVE, CVL & maybe BC units as well. Might as well make it a meatfest without making it too complicated.