Page 1 of 1

Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:36 pm
by WoodMan
I was looking up 4x strategy games on Wikipedia because I haven't played many over the years and I wanted to see what I may have missed out on. I found a huge list of 4x games on there, dating all the way back to 1993. The most recent on there was Distant Worlds, released 2010.

I clicked on and read about many of the games in the list, even some of the really old ones from the early 90s, almost all of them had some decent information, pictures of the game, etc.

Then I clicked on Distant Worlds and it said this article has been deleted. I followed the link to the transcript of why it had been deleted. It had been deleted because it is referred to as "Non-Notable Software".

Surely it deserves more than that? [:D]

Anyone here ever written anything on Wikipedia before?

RE: Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:56 pm
by Igard
It used to be an unlimited source of information. Pretty sad really.

RE: Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:59 pm
by tornnight

RE: Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:04 pm
by EisenHammer
Funny... it says the genre is turn-based strategy.[8|]

RE: Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:12 am
by WoodMan
ORIGINAL: tornnight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Distant_Worlds

Seems fine to me.

Okay that's strange, after I read the transcript on why it was deleted, you could click a link to the deleted article and read it. I read the deleted article, it was exactly the same as the article that now appears to be "undeleted". [:D]

But really, most the other 4x games had a whole page or more of info with screenshots and everything, yet for DW we have about 3 sentences [:D]

RE: Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:07 am
by MuthaF
Distant World dont even have its own Paedia/Help done yet (well, actualized) and you are wondering about wiki content? *shrug in disbelief*
:)
 
maybe after the DW is actually finished....1.4.7 patch was first one making the game really playable.. IMHO

RE: Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:33 am
by Webbco
Dingbat911 created a wiki for DW months ago, the link is: http://distantworlds.wikia.com/wiki/Distant_worlds_Wiki

There's some info on it here: tm.asp?m=2368573&mpage=1&key=wiki&#2368573

RE: Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:49 am
by MuthaF
I highly doubt that it is anywhere near current :)
Last 2 patches alone rewritten/added most of game features, with official game-paedia update planned to 1.5.x :)

actually, as i already took fast look at the wiki link provided: there is LESS info than in current game paedia.... so sorry, your point is quite moot, at least for now :)

RE: Distant Worlds on Wikipedia

Posted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:47 am
by Webbco
Haha, indeed it is well out of date. I didn't really have a point to make...just thought it would be interesting for the previous posters about the wikipedia article.