Page 1 of 1
Why can't I use ship designs from old versions?
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:28 am
by Jaimoe_MatrixForum
I understand why you can't use old savegames from 1.4.x builds, but why can't I use old ship design files? I don't like the stock designs, especially when it comes to mining stations, exploration ships and starports, and I spent a lot of time redoing those designs in previous versions. I shouldn't have to go through the whole process again.
RE: Why can't I use ship designs from old versions?
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:29 pm
by Icesavage
You can save your designs, but it saves all the designs that you currently have. When you go to the design window, in the top right corner of the window are save and load buttons which saves all the ships designs currently in use. The problem with that is that you get many things double like the freighters and the mining ships, and everything else that you have to delete then, which is just as time consuming.
But if that works for you then go ahead and use it.
RE: Why can't I use ship designs from old versions?
Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:39 pm
by Jaimoe_MatrixForum
I know about the save and load buttons, but when I start a game in version 1.5.7 and try to load my ship designs from 1.4.x my game crashes.