Page 1 of 1
Load Screen and Movies
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:08 am
by Catgh_MatrixForum
Ok, I didn't see this anywhere....
Everytime I toss my disk (OK gentle lay) into the CD Rom UCV pulls up the install screen. I close that screen out and start UCV off my start bar. I suspect this is not normal.
Also is there anyway to shut off the starting movies? My time is limited (17 month daughter) and having to hit enter and suffer the delay of load screens for things I don't care about is a real pain. Yes, 30 seconds is extremely valuable when you have a 17 month old daughter.
Thanks
Ron
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 1:23 am
by Spooky
The answer is in the UV troubleshooting FAQ :
== Uncommon Valor Files:
To disable the video, rename the Video subdirectory to xVideo.
To disable the CD insertion screen, turn off Auto-insert notification for your CD drive (should be in the drive's properties under System in your control panel).
Thanks
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:18 pm
by Catgh_MatrixForum
I knew it would be somewhere.
I really don't like the idea of having to turn off the auto-notification on the CD Drive, but if that is what it takes.
Ron
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:22 pm
by iancollins
Ron,
You don't have to disable the auto-insert notification to stop the CD from starting automatically. Just hold down the shift key for a few seconds after you have inserted the CD in the drive. That will stop the autorun.
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:25 pm
by Spooky
Well, if you rename (or delete) the Video subdirectory in the UV main directory, at least you won't get the 30 sec movies without messing with the Windows properties
That's not so bad !!!
Edit : Thanks Ian for the info

Now we are talking
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:26 pm
by Catgh_MatrixForum
Great, never knew that trick. It amazes me how many little short-cuts there are in Windows and all of Bill Gates other programs. Always learning a new trick.
Ron
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:28 pm
by Catgh_MatrixForum
Spooky,
Thanks for your replies, my first response didn't come off right. Shut down the intro movies solution is a great. I always try to find the solutions before posting, and normally there somewhere; just not where I look.
Ron
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 4:35 pm
by Spooky
You are welcome
And because of your question, I now know how to disable the CD auto-insert notification when necessary - very useful !
BTW, welcome to the Matrix forums
