Page 1 of 1
Investigating colonized world
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:51 pm
by Florestan
I conquered a world from another empire with ruins on it. Somehow, I had not yet investigated those ruins. How can I do it now ? Usualy, it happens automaticaly when you come close to the world, but this does not work in this case. I did something like that once, refused the investigation, colonized the world, and then sent an exploration ship afterwards to investigate with a right click option that does not appear in this case. And what about a "investigate ruins" button in the ruins screen (the one that say they are not investigated) when the world is yours ?
RE: Investigating colonized world
Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:58 pm
by WoodMan
As far as I know you only get one chance. If you say no you can't investigate it later.
RE: Investigating colonized world
Posted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:38 pm
by the1sean
I have this problem too.
RE: Investigating colonized world
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:42 am
by Florestan
In fact, I happen to really have been able to investigate after having refused the first time. If I remember ok, I had to have a selected exploration ship in the system and right click on the very icon of the ruin on the planet (not simply on the planet) to get a menu like "investigate the ruins". But not this time...
RE: Investigating colonized world
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:22 pm
by Icesavage
If another empire controlled the world before you then the ruin was most likely tapped out. Thus even though you refused, you would not have found anything. And because it was tapped out, you could not re-investigate it later.
RE: Investigating colonized world
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm
by Florestan
Well, I'm not sure, but I think either the AI don't investigate the ruins, or each ruin can be investigated more than once, as in the beginning of the game, and until the reach of a quite high technology level, all ruins investigated gives something, good or bad. It is a guess based on statistics, and I would say it is a very probable one.
RE: Investigating colonized world
Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:28 pm
by WoodMan
I think more than 1 Empire can investigate. I've investigated ruins on AI controlled worlds. Also, in my recent game I had a mining station at a planet with a ruin on it that I had investigated. An AI explorationship came by and 3 Giant Kaltors popped out and ate my base! [:D]
RE: Investigating colonized world
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:04 am
by sbach2o
ORIGINAL: Florestan
Well, I'm not sure, but I think either the AI don't investigate the ruins, or each ruin can be investigated more than once, as in the beginning of the game, and until the reach of a quite high technology level, all ruins investigated gives something, good or bad. It is a guess based on statistics, and I would say it is a very probable one.
ORIGINAL: WoodMan
I think more than 1 Empire can investigate. I've investigated ruins on AI controlled worlds. Also, in my recent game I had a mining station at a planet with a ruin on it that I had investigated. An AI explorationship came by and 3 Giant Kaltors popped out and ate my base! [:D]
Every empire can do its own investigation, but that only works for uncolonized worlds. It [s]is[/s] was a bug that once a planet is colonized you couldn't even investigate it for the development bonus (or maybe other effects) it was providing, although these effects still applied. The issue was reported (maybe not for the first time) and discussed at some length
here. [s]It is good to have a reminder that this problem is still around.[/s]
Of course, any special effects like directions to special sites, area maps, Kaltor swarms etc. can only be triggered once, anyway. These are only available to the first empire doing the investigation. When you get 'the ruins are silent' you know an AI empire was there before you.
Edit: WAIT!!
WoodMan, I should have read your reply more thoroughly. What you are saying implies that something has actually been done about the issue. (shame on me, I only replied to your first sentence). If ruins which are already investigated by you can release a Kaltor swarm (did you miss a 'not'?), I am not sure I like the change, though.
Florestan: You are still playing 1.0.4.9, if I am not mistaken? You should qualify your reports with the game version, as the developer is already fully occupied with 1.0.5x.
RE: Investigating colonized world
Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:38 am
by Florestan
yes, I'm finishing a game on 1.0.4.9 before installing the new version. I usually put the game version in the post object, but I forgot, this time. And I just read about the correction of this problem in the open beta... Thanks for your explanations.