Page 1 of 1

GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:50 pm
by frugaldude
Repeatable. Crashes within a minute of opening the saved game. sent saved game and pertinent information as Alzuk GxBO error1058.zip

Thank you for your support.

Frugaldude

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:45 pm
by Chris21wen
Me too



Image

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:19 pm
by hidden_asbestos
I'll bet a save game would really help fix this !

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:39 pm
by Chris21wen
ORIGINAL: hidden_asbestos

I'll bet a save game would really help fix this !
I'd love too but the save is too large, even zipped.

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:30 pm
by frugaldude
Your error looks similar to mine. I had saved less than a minute before the crash. I hope the saved game helps the lads in NZ.

Frugaldude

Image

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:19 pm
by michaelm75au
ORIGINAL: Chris H
ORIGINAL: hidden_asbestos

I'll bet a save game would really help fix this !
I'd love too but the save is too large, even zipped.
See the thread "Where to Upload Save Files" at the top of the threads.

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:52 am
by Chris21wen
I have but that entails installing something on my computer that I do not want.

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:24 pm
by RViener
Same here. RSVsave

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:57 pm
by RViener
uploaded as RSVsave. Run for 10-15 minutes repeatable.

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:28 pm
by Florestan
You don't really need to install anything to upload on a ftp server. There is a command line ftp client shipped with windows... I'm quite sure it was here even since the 16 bits version of windows (windows 3.1, before windows 95), if not in MSDOS. To use it : First, copy the savegame file in the root directory of your windows partition. You could do otherwise, but it would be more complicated. In windows use the key combination windows + r (holding the windows key down, then hit and release the r key), then, type cmd, in the black ugly command line window, type in order(valid with return key for each line) :

Code: Select all

cd \
(don't use mistake the '\' for a '/'...)

Code: Select all

ftp beta.matrixgames.com 
wait until it ask for a user name, then type :

Code: Select all

DistantWorldsCustomer
And, as a password, that will not appear on the screen, even as asterisks :

Code: Select all

upload
Then use the command

Code: Select all

send "thenameofthefile.zip"
(of course, change the name for the one of your file, don't forget the '"') Wait for it to finish the send. It can take from a few seconds (on a fiber internet connexion) to hours (on the oldest xdsl technologies) depending on your connexion quality (and the one of matrix games server, and the trafic). If you make any mistake, you will have to restart from the windows+r start, unless you have an idea of what the instructions mean. You will have to take less than 120s between each command, from the moment you type "ftp ..." or you will have to restart, too. I did not test it fully, as I don't have anything to upload there, but it should do it. Now that you've seen how tricky command line can be when you don't know windows "underground", you can install the filezila ftp client (not the same as the ftp server). It is open source and widely used, you can trust there is no malware in it (if you download it from the filezila home), weights next to nothing, and you can uninstall it when you're finished.

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:06 am
by Chris21wen
ORIGINAL: Florestan

In windows use the key combination windows + r, then, in the black ugly command line window, type in order(valid with return key for each line) :
I just tried this and think there is something missing from the instructions as pressing + r does nothing. Then realised its the command box is what is needed so using the Windows run... command and typing

cmd

is what I think +r is.



OK, now I know what I did wrong. You meant 'Windows and r key' together which brings up the run box. Then typing in

cmd

to open the window command.

The rest is the same except how do you close the ftp instruction once its been sent?

Oh! more importantly it appears to work. Thanks.

This might be very useful to all.






RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:01 am
by elliotg
ORIGINAL: frugaldude Repeatable. Crashes within a minute of opening the saved game. sent saved game and pertinent information as Alzuk GxBO error1058.zip
Thanks for the report. This has been fixed in the next version.

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:29 am
by Florestan
ORIGINAL: Chris H
ORIGINAL: Florestan

In windows use the key combination windows + r[...]
[...] pressing + r does nothing. Then realised its the command box is what is needed so using the Windows run... command and typing

cmd

is what I think +r is. [...]
You got it right ! I edited the part I forgot and added precisions about "windows+r". It is standard notation, and I'm so used to it that I sometimes forget it is computer jargon, and thus gibberish to most people... As you seem to find this useful, and that it worked (I did not use this for years) I will post it in the "how to upload saves" thread in case someone else is interested.

RE: GxBO error with 1.058

Posted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:55 pm
by hellfish6
Just had the error with 1.060 beta.