Page 1 of 1
Frontline/Reserve BGs entering a map
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:03 am
by stolidog
It appears that when you move a BG onto a map where you already have a BG with an enemy BG, the BG entering the map automatically becomes the Frontline BG, while the one that already was on the map gets put to the Reserve Bg status. I know you can adjust this during the next movement phase, maybe I am missing something but is there any way to adjust which is Frontline or Reserve when you first move a BG into an area with another BG?
Eg, I had one of the Para Bde Bgs already on a map with a German Bg, I moved in a Battalion size BG to help attack the map from another direction, but when I did so, the Battalion size BG became the "frontline" BG while my Brigade size BG became the "reserve" BG, which resulted in me having less points/less units to attack the map.
RE: Frontline/Reserve BGs entering a map
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:11 am
by SkyStrike
I second this. Has to be changed.
RE: Frontline/Reserve BGs entering a map
Posted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:58 pm
by Andrew Williams
Did you order "move" or "Attack/Drag Drop?"
RE: Frontline/Reserve BGs entering a map
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:15 am
by Andrew Williams
this is a case where the player should be ordering move and not ATTACK/Drag Drop?
Right Click on the BG and order " Move" not attack!
RE: Frontline/Reserve BGs entering a map
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 am
by jomni
Ah I was wondering what the difference is.
But if I move into an enemy held area without any units present, does it turn into an attack?
RE: Frontline/Reserve BGs entering a map
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:58 am
by Andrew Williams
1. Attack ensures you will be the Frontline BG
2. You may suffer greater fatigue and loss of cohesion
if you don't use Attack but select move for 2 BG's
1. You don't know which BG will be Frontline
2. less fatigue ans less loss of cohesion
The only advantage to using attack vs. move for a single BG is if your move is blocked (attacked head-on by a faster enemy, or traffic jam) using 'attack' will make sure you're the front line BG on the map you were trying to leaving.
The fatigue and cohesion difference between the two commands is pretty small.
RE: Frontline/Reserve BGs entering a map
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:30 am
by DasHoff
yeah, use move instead of just dragging
RE: Frontline/Reserve BGs entering a map
Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:01 am
by stolidog
Thanks for the response!