ASW Operations
Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:37 am
I am puzzled by the comments I have read that say you cant kill US subs. Yes you can. It just isnt easy.
This is a method I use that gives 5% results. Not great but better
than 0%.
Put one Betty group(or Nell) on Rabual and on ASW.
I get little messages from my carrier planes after doing this
that a report of 'sub whatever has been hit'
I dont get those reports normally unless I have hundreds
of planes in the air or I am flying ASW missions.
Now, make sure you have at least 6 lowest grade Jap DD in Rabual with at least 9 PC of various types.
Now when you get a report of a US sub, make a H/K group and
GO KILL IT. Now often you dont, and you take a hit. Thats war.
However roughly 5% of the time they find the sub and hammer
it. either sinking it or making it go get fixxed. Either way its out
of my ports. Since the AI seems to love to put the ships in
the Shortlands and Rabual, you dont have far to go to get to
a port.
This is a method I use that gives 5% results. Not great but better
than 0%.
Put one Betty group(or Nell) on Rabual and on ASW.
I get little messages from my carrier planes after doing this
that a report of 'sub whatever has been hit'
I dont get those reports normally unless I have hundreds
of planes in the air or I am flying ASW missions.
Now, make sure you have at least 6 lowest grade Jap DD in Rabual with at least 9 PC of various types.
Now when you get a report of a US sub, make a H/K group and
GO KILL IT. Now often you dont, and you take a hit. Thats war.
However roughly 5% of the time they find the sub and hammer
it. either sinking it or making it go get fixxed. Either way its out
of my ports. Since the AI seems to love to put the ships in
the Shortlands and Rabual, you dont have far to go to get to
a port.