Page 1 of 1

Bases Side Swiching

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:02 pm
by banja
HI

I must be stupid , but when i create a base in the editor it is set Japanese as default side setting. How do i side swich it so it become an US base ???
thx

Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 9:08 pm
by juliet7bravo
Under HQ set it to the HQ you want to control it. Example would be creating Kokoda 0(0)/1(0) midway between Buna/PM in PNG. It would be set under the command of "New Guinea Force" HQ.

hum

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 3:33 am
by banja
ok thx but i begin with an entire blank map . i created an HQ and i have linked the Base to this HQ but how on earth does the program reconize the side of my HQ ?????
thx in ad , it s so hard begining

anyone ?

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:21 pm
by banja
anyone ?

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:36 pm
by juliet7bravo
I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but if you create a new HQ, just identify it as being subordinate to a major HQ that's already in game. For example, if you make a new Japanese HQ, make it subordinate to either 8th Army or Combined Fleet. For US/Allied, set it as subordinate to one of the major/regional Allied HQ's.

I'm not sure, but I don't think you can make a new "stand alone" HQ that isn't subordinate to either Combined Fleet, 8th Army, SOPAC, or SWPAC in some way.

iknow that , i knwo i can edit but...

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 11:58 pm
by banja
i was using a blank data base to create my own scenario
(i loaded scenario 1 and i deleted all ships / hq / locations etc..
and i just wanted to begin from nothing
is this possible ?

thx again

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:14 am
by juliet7bravo
It's probably possible, but we don't have all the info needed to use the editor completely yet, like what all the widgets do, or which slots are reserved for what. I've been playing with it, but some of the results aren't immediately apparent...so who knows.

What I personally would do, if I wanted to make an entirely new scenario, is set all the units so as to not be in game. Then I'd decide what I wanted to do in my scenario and plan it out on paper. The list of units available and the current game map/locations are excellent, I'd use them as a starting point, and just add/delete the locations and units as needed. Be MUCH easier to modify an existing scenario than start a new one...then you know the units work, are in the right slots, and have the right attributes.

okiiii

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 2:53 pm
by banja
oki man thx a lot i will try that , this is help full. it s like putting "rem" or "//" in a text script :)

what about the AI ? will the AI react well if i change bases positions or is the AI set according to the scenario database ?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 3:58 pm
by juliet7bravo
Yah, exactly. The info will still be there, and it'll save you a buttload of effort later.

Okay, on the last page of the editor (can't think of what it's called, and I've already deep-sixed the game) there's lists of bases for all 4 major game HQ's. It's like primary target, secondary target, link, advance, staging, and expansion. This is what "guides" the AI in its axis of advance and sets its goals and priorities. Exactly what each does is sorta by its name, but not exactly either by what I was seeing. It'll take some messing around with, but even the stock scenario parameters can be tweaked to some effect.