Page 1 of 1
SPWAW V.3
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2000 1:34 am
by McGib
Dont mean to put you Matrix guys on the spot but, with all these great additions your planning for the game will our current saved games work with V3?? I'd hate to continue my WWII German Campaign only to find out that V3 makes my saved game into wasted KB's
McGib
Ready Aye Ready
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2000 9:58 pm
by Wild Bill
Bad news, Mac! With all the new internet features and so many changes to OOBs, etc, they most likely won't. The price of progress, I guess
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 2:41 am
by McGib
No problem WB from what you have been telling us its well worth it ... at least for me, I'm only 4 or 5 battles into my campaign.
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 3:40 am
by Wild Bill
It is, Mac. It really is. I am amazed at what has been done between 2.3 and 3.0. I think you'll be very pleased!
Wild Bill - The Kunel
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 4:14 am
by Don Bowen
Will the number of units be the same in V3.0?
400 is a lot, but the new custom maps can be very large. It's getting possible to model historical actions in great detail, but I ways seem to need a few more units ...
Don
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 9:48 am
by kao16
I assume V3 is just going to be a patch (although maybe a big one)?
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 7:47 pm
by Wild Bill
It depends on your definition of "big" KAO. It will, of course, be nothing like version 1.0
David has not quite finished compiling it and we have a few things to add (such as ready to play multiplayer scenarios, etc), but my guess would be 15-20 Meg range.
Remember, that is a guess, nothing more. But it is one that you will load over your existing version of SPWAW.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2000 10:04 pm
by Mark_Ezra
The next installment sounds fantastic. I just can't believe what I'm seeing and hearing from you Matrix Folks. Well worth the loss of my campaign stats...(weren't so hot anyway...You guys made it really tough. Can't use the old gamey tricks so much...Actually have to devise tactics...LOL
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2000 2:01 am
by Wild Bill
Yes, it does make you rethink your tactics. So many changes for the better I can hardly keep up with them, Mark. Mike, Tom and David are letting the creative juices flow freely!
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games