Page 1 of 1

ASW Capability

Posted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 4:02 pm
by Chris21wen
Some means of easily identifying which ships have ASW capability (mainly DDs). Currently when you form a TF you have no idea. Knowing the ships class might help here.

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:31 pm
by corbulo
check ship armament, anything that has depth-charges

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:48 pm
by Chris21wen
Yes but you can't access this when you from a TF.

Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 11:20 pm
by sw30
The easiest way I've found (still a severe pain) is to form all DDs into a TF, go through all of them (the "next ship" buttons don't work in port) write down which ones are AA, ASW and then transfer them as necessary.

A class designation on the transfer screen would be very cool.

Jeff

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 5:29 pm
by Chris21wen
Yep! Thats the way I've had to do it.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:33 pm
by daft
How do you transfer a single ship out of a TF? I've always had to disband the whole TF if one ship is in need of repairs or unsuitable for the task assigned to it.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:37 pm
by malvoisin
Originally posted by daft
How do you transfer a single ship out of a TF? I've always had to disband the whole TF if one ship is in need of repairs or unsuitable for the task assigned to it.
oh. just form a new tf with the damaged ships and then disband that one.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:39 pm
by Spooky
Originally posted by daft
How do you transfer a single ship out of a TF? I've always had to disband the whole TF if one ship is in need of repairs or unsuitable for the task assigned to it.
You can form a new TF and then transfer this single ship to this new TF.

I often do it for damaged ships after a battle.

Edit : arggggh - 2 minutes late :(

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:26 pm
by daft
malvoisin & Spooky,

*DOH!* Never thought of that. :) Thanks!

Removing Damaged Ships

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:41 pm
by NorthStar
Actually, I think you can save one step here.

If you open up the TF you want to take damaged ships out of and click on the "Move ships to/from TF" button (its called something like that) you will get a screen showing all ships in port and/or other TFs in the hex in the upper section and the active TF in the lower section.

Then, in the upper section, find a ship (any ship) that is in the port, and click on the port name (last or second last column of the display). This will "swap" the display, showing the current TF (and maybe other TFs as well, I'm not sure) on TOP and the port on BOTTOM. Then, you can selectively transfer ships out of the TF just by clicking on their names.

At least, I'm 90% sure that works the way I think it does.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:42 pm
by von Murrin
You can be 100%. It does indeed work that way. ;)

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 8:45 pm
by sitkis
As to transfering ships out of TFs. I just figured this out yesterday myself. I assumed I was just thick, but maybe others have had trouble as well.

If you click on the add/transfer button in the TF screen you get the split screen with the port and other TF inventory on top and the selected TF inventory on the bottom. You can transfer ships into a TF from the port or other TFs here. Now, if you click on one of the yellow location indicators in the top screen the split screen will swap and the top half becomes everything except the location you just selected and the bottom becomes that location. You can now transfer ships out of TFs into the selected location.

For example: there are two TFs with slightly damaged ships in Rabual. You want to transfer them out of their TFs, but don't want to disband them and reform to do it. Select a TF and click on the add/transfer button. When the split screen comes up click on one of the yellow "Rabual" buttons in the top panel. The screen will flip and you will have all the TFs on top and Rabual on the bottom. Sort the top by damage and transfer the damaged ships to port. Exit.

This has been a real time saver. You can do all your TF management at the same time, without having to open and close a bunch of screens or disbanding lots of TFS.

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 9:03 pm
by corbulo
sitkis, thanks for that help. No, I had not been able to figure out how to do that. Here is another question - after you create TFs, is there any way see all tfs in that base?

Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 12:08 am
by Chris21wen
Try clicking on the ship icon in the hex. Same applies to the other icons in the hex.