Page 1 of 1

Another Nice to have

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:39 am
by Didz
Another nice to have improvement would be a small enhancement to the TF report which highlights the Endurance level in Red if the TF has reached Bingo fuel. Every turn I have to study this list and check suspect TF's manually to find out if they need to return to port.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 10:31 am
by von Murrin
That already happens. When the endurance levels of my ships go red, I know I have one more day on station before they have to go home.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:03 pm
by Hartmann
I usually press "replenish on sea" and have another couple of days to go. :)
Normally, there are some ships in the TF which - for whatever reason - have quite some fuel to spare.

Hartmann

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:02 pm
by Didz
Originally posted by von Murrin
That already happens. When the endurance levels of my ships go red, I know I have one more day on station before they have to go home.
Sorry! Didn't explain myself very well.

I know the endurance on the TF Report turns red when they're down to Bingo Fuel. (Thats where I got the idea from)

What I would like to see is the endurance remaining figure on the Report that lists all the TF's in your fleet also turn red when that TF reaches Bingo fuel. (This is the report triggered by pressing the button with the two little ship symbols on at the top of the screen)

That way I can quickly identify which if any of my TF's need to return to port.

Hopefully this should be hard to do as the sub-routine must already exist to produce it on the TF Report screen and the TF data must be accessed to produce the TF list anyway.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 1:04 pm
by Didz
Originally posted by Hartmann
I usually press "replenish on sea" and have another couple of days to go. :)
Normally, there are some ships in the TF which - for whatever reason - have quite some fuel to spare.

Hartmann
Yes! I do that as well.

It seems to work for Carrier Task Forces but not always for the others. I haven't quite worked out what the deciding factor is but I usually try it just in case.

Endurance

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:46 pm
by Philbill1
I think its simply the ships with a greater endurance (and therefore fuel to spare) sparing a little fuel for those who are running low. good examples would be destroyers refueling SC's
that are in the same task force or BB's and CA's refueling destroyers. It does use up operation points.
Some of the best ships for this are transport ships as their endurance is high regardless of what supply they are carrying.
Phil

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:08 pm
by Fred98
I agree with Didz.

At a glance I would like to see which task force(s) need fuel.

I don't want to have to check each one individually.

But the next point is MOST IMPORANT.

When the fuel reading reaches red we still have a days fuel left. I had no idea about that one. It needs to be writ in large letters in the manual. Its one of the many important points that seems to have slipped through.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:31 pm
by Didz
Originally posted by Joe 98
But the next point is MOST IMPORANT.

When the fuel reading reaches red we still have a days fuel left. I had no idea about that one. It needs to be writ in large letters in the manual. Its one of the many important points that seems to have slipped through.
Good point! I must admit I'd just assummed thats what it mean't becuase I am used to the concept of Bingo fuel from playing Harpoon but someone new to this sort of game would probably not make the same connection.