Page 1 of 1

Lazy/Coward Infantry?

Posted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:38 pm
by Niclo Iste
I've played several scenarios and I get some strange activity from the infantry, artillery, and some vehicles. They all just seem to only want to go where they want to go. They could have the entire enemy batallion behind them but they won't allow me to move them away. They'll happily run into the fight to die though. however most of my cases are this type of situation: Enemy (for sake of arguement) to the east. The infantry will only allow me to move them north east, North, all spectrums of west, South, and if I'm lucky south east. This is even before they've even seen combat and have no suppression yet. There are absolutely no obstacles and no other units in the path of where I'm sending them. They just don't want to go that way. Then sometimes eventually after MANY turns they'll let me move them that way but only once. After that they go back to their "I don't take orders from nobody" stance.

RE: Lazy/Coward Infantry?

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:03 am
by JEB Davis
You are playing with Command and Control turned on. The troops are following orders to move toward hex 0,0 which is the upper left corner of the map.

Look up Command and Control in the game manual PDF file (find it in your start menu: Manual).

What is happening is those units have to be given OBJECTIVES toward which they can move. They will require 3 orders per formation to set a new objective hex.

There is also an excellent set of tutorials at the Enhanced forum (see my signature line). Go there and look up the Command and Control sub-forum. Enjoy!