Page 1 of 1

Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:58 pm
by shall59
I'm having trouble sinking IJN subs; anyone got any industrial strength Kablammo! leftover from WITP?[:D]

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 pm
by KenchiSulla
I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:22 pm
by Lecivius
A few lessons learned.
 
Air support & ASW inside the support radius vastly improves ASW.
 
Patience.
 
Air cover really does sink subs. I have lost 3 as allies by July '43.
 
If you know ones there, saturation vastly improves number AND quality of ASW attacks.  Three hard hits on a sub, and she either pops up to be sunk by gunfire or sinks next turn.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:31 pm
by Mistmatz
ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]


Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:32 pm
by Misconduct
Early in the war, put your carrier aircraft on ASW, and run around San Diego, Pearl, Suva, Sydney and watch the subs become artificial reefs

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:51 pm
by Smeulders
The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:53 pm
by Misconduct
ORIGINAL: Smeulders

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.

Put those destroys with a RN carrier and have a field day.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:51 pm
by Stvitus2002
I have an old KABLAMMO "poster", Let's see if i can get this to work....












WO 0/0

Image

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:53 pm
by Stvitus2002
For the record, I think the KABLAMMO (TM) "poster" was created by Ron S.









WO 0/0

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:33 am
by KenchiSulla
ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]


Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]

4 words... gluc gluc gluc gluc [:D]

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:30 pm
by Dili
That's kablamo in picture is WW I vintage not WW II.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:43 pm
by Shark7
ORIGINAL: Mistmatz

ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]


Thats all FOW... [8D][;)]

Nah, the AI is stupid enough to keep using Manila for a sub base even when you have air superiority. I've sunk 8 subs by March '42 in my current game, all from the AI parking them at Manila...when I took Manila, I lost my sub sinking trump card. [;)]

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:18 am
by afspret
ORIGINAL: Smeulders

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:38 am
by Smeulders
It's really the DD, I've had a single 4x DD group from the RN destroy 2 subs and heavily damage a third (subject to FOW) in a little under 2 weeks near Sydney. Hudsons flew ASW patrols overhead. After that my opponent simply withdrew his subs from the area.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:51 am
by Misconduct
ORIGINAL: afspret

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?

Make sure the aggressive rating of your skippers are high, I noticed when giving DD skippers an Aggressive rating over 65 they seem to pretty much kamakazi every sub in sight.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 am
by morganbj
ORIGINAL: Misconduct

ORIGINAL: afspret

ORIGINAL: Smeulders

The answer is Royal Navy. The RN destroyers seem to be twice as effective in destroying subs as anything else.
Really? I've got 3 ASW TFs, one with Hermes and her Swordfish, one with 3 Corvettes and the other with 4 trying to get rid of the pesky little IJN sub hanging around Columbo and they have only engaged 3 times, with no apparent hits, between 8 & 31 Dec 41. Or is it that the RN Corvettes are not as good as the DDs?

Make sure the aggressive rating of your skippers are high, I noticed when giving DD skippers an Aggressive rating over 65 they seem to pretty much kamakazi every sub in sight.
Well, I hope it doesn't turn out for your ASW skippers the same as it does for the kamakazi pilots.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:49 am
by Sardaukar
High aggressiveness is not necessarily good if Naval skill and crew experience are low, it works both for ASW TF and for subs.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:09 pm
by shall59
I'm glad to see at least Warrant Officer remembered Kablammo!

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:30 pm
by John Lansford
I just wait until the damaged subs go to port at Rabaul or Truk, then send waves of LBA's over them to hit the port.  I've sunk probably a dozen IJN subs that way.

RE: Kablammo

Posted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:50 pm
by RUDOLF
ORIGINAL: Cannonfodder

I have no trouble sinking allied subs [:D]


I do!