Page 1 of 1

ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:26 am
by MarshallEllis
Hey guys:

As noted by a few players and special thanks to Dancing Bear for this note, PLEASE do NOT upgrade your games during the diplomacy phase! Moving from an IGO_UGO/SEQUENTIAL diplomacy to a SIMULTANEOUS diplomacy can cause some issues and force you to utilize a backup!

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:45 pm
by Michael T
Marshall could you clarify this for me please. If I do a fresh/new install of the game is 1.08 the only patch I need to install. Or do I need to install some prior patch/s first and then add 1.08 after. I did a fresh install and applied 1.08 and now when the game opens it says its 1.08. Is it going to be ok?
Thanks

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:11 pm
by pzgndr
Marshall's comment from a few days ago:
Install 1.00 then 1.06.03 THEN 1.08. there were some directory changes and file relocations at the 1.05 1.06 releases.


RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:40 am
by Michael T
Well thats great if you have 1.06, but I don't have it. I can download the 1.08 patch but not the 1.06 patch. Any suggestions?

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:20 pm
by pzgndr
The downloads page at http://www.matrixgames.com/products/285/downloads/Empires.in.Arms has all of the previous downloads, unless there's a problem with the v1.06.03 link? 

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 pm
by Michael T
The link doesn't work for me. 1.08 works, 1.06 doesn't.

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:34 pm
by pzgndr
Yeah I see that now.  I just sent Sean Drummy a PM to get the link fixed.  Odd, the other updates seem to be OK but just not the one you need!

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:01 pm
by Michael T
Thanks 4 your help sir.

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:27 pm
by Andrew Loveridge
The 1.06.03 link has been fixed and the extra links removed.

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:15 pm
by Michael T
Thank you [:)]

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:14 am
by Dancing Bear
As a note to players, it appears that you will also need to install 1.07 in addition to 1.06.03 and 1.08.04 (this applies to new players and re-installations by old players. This is valid as an interim step until a "hot fix" is released shortly. You'll need to do a google search to find a version of 1.07.

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:32 pm
by pzgndr

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 am
by easterner
tm.asp?m=3008209

Patch says one is all you need. I trust this December thread is no longer operative?

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:34 am
by pzgndr
Correct! The latest patch is now comprehensive. The initial note to NOT upgrade during a diplomacy phase is probably still valid and players should avoid doing this just to be safe.

RE: ATTENTION! 1.08 UPGRADE NOTE!

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:16 am
by gazfun
If anyone want they can download at our downloads page 1.06.03 we have it here.
TGHQ Downloads