Page 1 of 1
One thought...
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:53 pm
by Footslogger
Erik...have you seen Gratuitous Space Battles? If you could merge that game to DW that would be great!! They are very similar in the way they work.

RE: One thought...
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:10 pm
by Simulation01
I'm pretty sure what you mean is to merge the tactical Nirvana of GSB with the Strategic Genius that is DW....right?
That would violate one of the fundamental laws of nature! "Thou canst have thy cake and eat it too..." or "when one approaches perfection the quantum mechanical world will rise up and intervene in order to prevent universal happiness".
I don't make this stuff up....it's just the way of things! It's in the fine print.

RE: One thought...
Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:10 pm
by Footslogger

But I love cake!!

RE: One thought...
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 am
by s0lidb0b
No way! GSB is great and all, but I prefer to be involved in the battles... and doesn't GSB have that take-over-the-galaxy expansion now?
RE: One thought...
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 am
by Footslogger
Yes they do and that is what I am trying to decide... whether to get GSB of DW:RoS

RE: One thought...
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:04 am
by Simulation01
ORIGINAL: s0lidb0b
No way! GSB is great and all, but I prefer to be involved in the battles... and doesn't GSB have that take-over-the-galaxy expansion now?
Take over the galaxy expansion? Could you elaborate on this or provide a link?
Edited In:
Never mind....I've found what you alluded to:
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5567
It doesn't hold a candle to the depth that Distant Worlds provides. I'm not bashing GSB...DW simply has more strategic depth...literally.
RE: One thought...
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:17 am
by Footslogger
I agree that DW has more strategic thought, but I wish ships could be more graphical like GSB is, especially the explosions, IMHO anyway.
RE: One thought...
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:24 am
by Shark7
ORIGINAL: Simulation01
I'm pretty sure what you mean is to merge the tactical Nirvana of GSB with the Strategic Genius that is DW....right?
That would violate one of the fundamental laws of nature!
"Thou canst have thy cake and eat it too..." or "when one approaches perfection the quantum mechanical world will rise up and intervene in order to prevent universal happiness".
I don't make this stuff up....it's just the way of things! It's in the fine print.
Sure you can, first you had it, then you ate it...it stays with you for a day at least...
Besides, if you don't eat it, it gets rather stale and moldy. [:'(]
RE: One thought...
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:30 am
by Simulation01
ORIGINAL: Shark7
ORIGINAL: Simulation01
I'm pretty sure what you mean is to merge the tactical Nirvana of GSB with the Strategic Genius that is DW....right?
That would violate one of the fundamental laws of nature!
"Thou canst have thy cake and eat it too..." or "when one approaches perfection the quantum mechanical world will rise up and intervene in order to prevent universal happiness".
I don't make this stuff up....it's just the way of things! It's in the fine print.
Sure you can, first you had it, then you ate it...it stays with you for a day at least...
Besides, if you don't eat it, it gets rather stale and moldy. [:'(]
Wants my Cake!!

RE: One thought...
Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:12 pm
by Eldiora
Hey or you could, every time there is a battle fire up Homeworld 2, mod the game to more similar classes of DW and have some epic 3d space fights from a tactical view.
If i think aout it, the perfect game would be DW and whenever there is a major battle you can opt to fight it yourself instead of leaving your admirals in charge and have the fight be fielded in a homeworld 2 way