Page 1 of 1

Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:38 am
by crazyguy
If I play DW:ROTS on my secondary monitor in a Window something strange happens:

Clicking on stacked group of ships - the ship selection window pops up on my primary monitor -> outside of the DW window...



Image

RE: Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Posted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:43 pm
by elliotg
Distant Worlds is not supported on multiple monitors.

We'll take a look at this issue at some point (windowed mode on multiple monitors). But for now please put your DW window on your primary monitor.

RE: Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 pm
by crazyguy
Sure it is not a problem at all but I thought I should tell ya as not many people playtest on two monitors ;)

RE: Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:47 pm
by Scritty
Steam collect data from time to time - and apparently multiple monitors is one of the fastest growing trends in PC gaming with 7% of users now having 2 or more monitors apparently.

Looking at it - it looks like it will peak at about 25% max.
Not massive - and not a problem - just a consideration.

Scritty

RE: Dual Monitor Problem (Windowed Mode)

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:53 am
by DasTactic
I'm a multiple monitor player as well. I always disable the secondary monitor now before playing DW using a great little app called UntraMon. Useful for all sorts of single-monitor games. :)