Page 1 of 1

What new things are moddable?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:12 am
by Slyke57
I've been looking everywhere for some list of new things which can be modded in the new DW like the fighters/bombers. I can't find anything anywhere, all I know is the new things you can change in the races.txt, the starbase, and the fighter bay.

If there is already a place which states things a link would be thankful, or is it that we have to figure tt out on our own by testing a bunch of things?

RE: What new things are moddable?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 am
by Igard
Hi Slyke. I don't think anyone has posted a definative list of changes yet. There will be a customization guide update soon, which I'd imagine should have a list of changes on it.

For now these are the things we know about.

  • Add up to 22 shipsets
  • Assign a special government to a race
  • Assign 2 tech focuses to each race
  • Set each race as a pirate or not
  • Set each race to expand normal or to be an 'isolationist'
  • Set a race as playable or not.
  • Increase the number of races as much as we like
  • 2 new moddable ships per shipset, fighter and bomber

RE: What new things are moddable?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:41 am
by lordxorn
There is more, however I think we are under NDA for that info Igard?

RE: What new things are moddable?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:21 pm
by Slyke57
Okay thanks, love making carriers lol.  Can't wait for the update and guide :D

RE: What new things are moddable?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:30 pm
by forsaken1111
ORIGINAL: lordxorn

There is more, however I think we are under NDA for that info Igard?
You're under an NDA for a game that is already released? What?

RE: What new things are moddable?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:36 pm
by jalapen0
ORIGINAL: forsaken1111

ORIGINAL: lordxorn

There is more, however I think we are under NDA for that info Igard?
You're under an NDA for a game that is already released? What?


I agree. What?


RE: What new things are moddable?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:21 pm
by Igard
Lordxorn, stop trying to give me a heart attack. [:D]

That's just a list of the things I could think of and what Shark7 posted also somewhere. I may have missed a couple of things, but I can't think what they might be.