Page 1 of 3

(SPOILER WARNING) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:30 am
by Nalim27
Hello, I'm playing my first Shakturi game - I have turn on both old and Shakturi victory conditions at the start.

I get some warnings that Shakturi will come ... but still nothing. I have biggest empire now, biggest military in galaxy, my science tree is near the end (last two columns remains), my exploration ships are iddle because whole galaxy was explored and Shakturi is still not here - why?

What will start Shakturis? It is completely random, or I must found some ruins, or there must be colonized some percentage amount of whole Galaxy, or all technologies must be discovered or what?

Or I'm simply too impatient? If yes then please do not spoiler more than: Yes, you are too impatient! :-)

-------------------------

And one more question: Are Shakturis forces based on players strength (or total amount of all races military strenght)? I mean let say that when I will have one defense station on all my planet, they will come for example whit fleet of two super ships that will easily destroy defence and capture planet. What happens when all my planets will have 10 defense stations? Will game engine create Shakturi fleets with 20 super ships (that will again easilly destroy ?

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:33 am
by alexalexuk
sounds like itll be coming soon :)


RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:38 am
by Aures
It is somewhat random, it also depends on the development level of the galaxy and the tech research speed. Last I heard the most time it should take is 100 years regardless of other factors.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:11 pm
by EisenHammer
My game started at 2754 and its now 2793 and the Shakturi been around for a while now and are the strongest empire in the game. When they first showed up they were refuges and I didn't feel like attacking poor refuges so I let them alone. And now I'm paying for it.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:22 pm
by Haree78
ORIGINAL: EisenHammer

My game started at 2754 and its now 2793 and the Shakturi been around for a while now and are the strongest empire in the game. When they first showed up they were refuges and I didn't feel like attacking poor refuges so I let them alone. And now I'm paying for it.

Spoilers! [:D]

In my last game they turned up next to me and cause they started smacking on my ships I destroyed their pathetic Empire before I even found out their true identity, no alliance against them or anything [:)]

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:24 pm
by Nalim27
ORIGINAL: EisenHammer

My game started at 2754 and its now 2793 and the Shakturi been around for a while now and are the strongest empire in the game. When they first showed up they were refuges and I didn't feel like attacking poor refuges so I let them alone. And now I'm paying for it.


Eh ... shit ... I found some poor refuges from another galaxy few years before ..... I fell pity for them because they are saying that some evil alien race killing them in another galaxy. I thought that this evil race is Shakturi and that they will come soon after them .... so you telling me that Shakturi are in my galaxy already? [X(]

I must switch my industry to military mode and try to wipe them!

Please do not spoil more information here - I think that for new players it is better to be surprised by this.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:30 pm
by EisenHammer
ORIGINAL: Nalim27

I found some poor refuges from another galaxy few years before ..... I fell pity for them because they are saying that some evil alien race killing them in another galaxy. I thought that this evil race is Shakturi and that they will come soon after them .... so you telling me that Shakturi are in my galaxy already? [X(]
It sure sounds like you have the Shakturi in your galaxy, get them now before they get to big.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:12 pm
by PaulP
IMO it would be more fun to let them grow until they reveal themselves. Then you have a real battle on your hands.
 
I'm not sure when they usually reveal themselves, I was spoiled by what I assume is a bug in the game. Right off the bat I found a colony ship loaded with Shakturi, so when the "refugees" came and all the Shakturi in my empire suddenly got renamed I knew it was them (picture also gave it away) and just sent a fleet to attack (taking over the Shakturi capital with my Shakturi troops!). It was very anti climactic - I ended the game just as it was starting and never even got to see their world destroyer in action.
 
In my next game I plan to let them grow until they reveal themselves naturally, then see if I can still survive them :)

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:46 pm
by Nalim27
Damn they are not reveal, but they spy me and declare war with me. They are strong like hell! Too advanced technology.

I have bad ship design probably - I'm using help beams and half confussion missiles and it is looks like wrong choice.

I think only last hope now is to prepare fleets with transport troops only and attack their most important colonies at the same time.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:38 am
by EisenHammer
I just got my alliance aganist the Shakturi.
Now it's pay back time

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:54 am
by Kayoz
ORIGINAL: Nalim27

Please do not spoil more information here - I think that for new players it is better to be surprised by this.

The thread has a spoiler warning - I think it's quite reasonable for people to post their findings. If you want to be surprised, then you shouldn't be reading "spoiler" marked threads.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:48 am
by Eldiora
OH well my personal experience with the Shakturi (Erashkul?) when they were discovered they pressed me to declare war with the ancient guardians that i left in the spot. The ancient guardians startet duking it out with hte Erashkul.

After a while i decided i wanted both of those advanced ships and bases and planets they built. So i sent my troop carriers with 1mil troops to each of their main worlds... DING profit.
My god its still far too easy to simply take over a race with just fully loaded troop transports. My cashflow went from -100k to +1.9 mil in a moment after gaining those 2 new maxed out worlds.

I really hope something is done with the balance, i can invade and take over a whole star empire with only troop transports without any sort of retaliation. You just need 10 fleets with 4-5 troop transporst in them each (200-300k troops per fleet) and then simply send them to take over the stronges enemy colonies. No real defence anything.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:31 am
by Carewolf
I have completed two games, I haven't encountered them either. From the time you become unstoppable, to the time the game is over is simply too short.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:59 pm
by Igard
I'm not reading all this thread so as to avoid spoilers. I'm still playing the very first game I started a week and a half ago, I think it was last Thursday! Not sure how many hours I've put into it, but it's now the year 2884 and no sign of the Shakturi.

The settings I used were intended to make the game longer. I set every empire size to starting, tech level was starting, tech cost was the max setting, and colony frequency was rare.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying it, but I'd like to install the beta patch now and get into some modding. I can't do that until this epic game is over.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:46 pm
by the1sean
Igard, the tech cost and small starting size basically maxed out the Shakturi showtime. Once the galaxy hits a certain mix of tech and colonization levels they will show up, but you cant be sure which refugees they are!

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:53 pm
by Igard
Thanks, the1sean. The year is now 2902. I've never gone this far into a game! 

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:57 am
by Igard
That's it. I give up! It's 2907 and no sign of any Shakturi. I've got the galaxy under my thumb. Any other game and I would've declared victory long ago. I can't wait for these Shakturi any longer.

I'll go back to it with a more normal galaxy set up later.

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 am
by ilovestrategy
ORIGINAL: EisenHammer

I just got my alliance aganist the Shakturi.
Now it's pay back time


I love your choice of emoticons! [:D]

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:41 pm
by the1sean
ORIGINAL: Igard

That's it. I give up! It's 2907 and no sign of any Shakturi. I've got the galaxy under my thumb. Any other game and I would've declared victory long ago. I can't wait for these Shakturi any longer.

I'll go back to it with a more normal galaxy set up later.

Wow, that's crazy! You should post this in the tech support forum, just in case it is a bug issue [&:]

RE: (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) When Shakturi starts?

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:30 pm
by Igard
ORIGINAL: the1sean

ORIGINAL: Igard

That's it. I give up! It's 2907 and no sign of any Shakturi. I've got the galaxy under my thumb. Any other game and I would've declared victory long ago. I can't wait for these Shakturi any longer.

I'll go back to it with a more normal galaxy set up later.

Wow, that's crazy! You should post this in the tech support forum, just in case it is a bug issue [&:]

I don't think it's really a bug, just my very slow playing style. With the tech cost set to max and rare colony frequency, it just slows things down so much. The way I like it, but obviously not suited to the story.