Page 1 of 1

Minelaying problem

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:26 am
by victor semensi
Using v1.11 I'm trying to lay mines defensively at Lunga with DM's. Every minelaying task force I send from Noumea with 'retirement allowed' orders stops at hex 43,48 and stays there. There are no enemy surface tf sightings anywhere near Lunga. The only way to get them to move on is to set 'patrol/do not retire'. Then they'll go to Lunga but won't lay mines until I reset them to 'retirement allowed'. This didn't happen in 1.0, they always sprinted to Lunga to lay the mines at night without any intervention by me.

Minelaying

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 8:43 am
by tanjman
Victor,

:) Try sending them to a hex 4 to 8 hexes away from Lunga with "patrol/do not retire" set. Once they reach it change back to "retirement allowed" and set their destination to Lunga. This is what I do with surface combat, bombardment (after changing it from a surface combat TF) and minelaying TFs. This makes sure they can sprint in and out in one night without using to much fuel.

:D It works for me. I hope it does for you.

Happened to me as well

Posted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:35 am
by mjk428
Hi,

I had a similar problem trying to mine Port Morseby. I posted it a few days ago.

I worked around it by reforming the task force in mid-ocean. That worked for me but don't know if it was just random chance. I haven't seen the problem again but I've only placed one mine field since.

Good Luck