Page 1 of 2

Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:55 pm
by Bullwinkle58
Who managed the most turns on Christmas Day and thus wins the Rubber Chicken Award for most obssesed AE player?

My score--0 turns.

Sad.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:59 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Zero. Anybody who has more than 2 turns needs a girlfriend. BADLY.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:03 pm
by Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: Terminus

Zero. Anybody who has more than 2 turns needs a girlfriend. BADLY.

Or a very bad girlfriend. (Ba da bop! Thank you! I'm here through Thursday!)

Mine is currently assembling the brand new, SOTA leather office chair Santa brought me to replace the 18-YO cloth-covered dinosaur with the mold growing on the underside I've been using.

She's far better with tools than I will ever be. I'm making dinner.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:10 pm
by khyberbill
I have two done so far and I might make it to three if my PBEM partner(s) send a turn in the next 8 hours. My wife says I cant afford a gf. This is the first Christmas since 1972 that I have no family visiting me or I am not visiting them. Nice and quiet. She who must be obeyed has been on the phone to her family all day (Belgium and Philippines) and has not issued any orders-yet. I have been reading the WITE forum to determine if I want to buy that game. I always enjoyed Eastern Front and WIR. Merry Christmas everyone.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:14 pm
by Nomad
I've only done three turns so far today, my opponents need to speed it up. [:D]

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:27 pm
by Mike Solli
Only one turn here. [8|] Waiting for my opponent to get off his butt. [:'(]

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:30 pm
by castor troy
ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Who managed the most turns on Christmas Day and thus wins the Rubber Chicken Award for most obssesed AE player?

My score--0 turns.

Sad.


guess Rainer79 and me managed five or six today. xmas here is on the 24th, we only did two or three yesterday [:D]

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:01 pm
by Smeulders
One turn so far with one hour to go on Christmas.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:14 pm
by Dereck
ORIGINAL: khyberbill

I have two done so far and I might make it to three if my PBEM partner(s) send a turn in the next 8 hours. My wife says I cant afford a gf. This is the first Christmas since 1972 that I have no family visiting me or I am not visiting them. Nice and quiet. She who must be obeyed has been on the phone to her family all day (Belgium and Philippines) and has not issued any orders-yet. I have been reading the WITE forum to determine if I want to buy that game. I always enjoyed Eastern Front and WIR. Merry Christmas everyone.

WITE is a decent game - definitely have to have a different mindset with it being land-oriented instead of the land/air/sea orientation of WITP. Still trying to get used to it (and trying to get over the feeling of guilt for not playing WITP ... I feel like I'm cheating on WITP with another game).

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:35 pm
by JohnDillworth
Well, I got 4 done playing Downfall against the AI. But I also got in a 6 mile walk, and took the whole family to a movie. All our traveling was done on Christmas Eve so it's just me and the wife and kids home for today so it's kind of OK.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:58 pm
by wdolson
None for me.  I'm taking a short break between house cleaning, making food, and doing the presents thing.  Boxing Day looks better for me as far as time to play.

Bill

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:20 pm
by Alpha77
Dito none [;)]

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:29 pm
by witpqs
None here.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:34 pm
by Chickenboy
I'm putting myself down for two. Easily fit in around all the other festivities / chaos.

ETA: Make that three after watching the Cowboys implosion vs. the Cardinals.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:37 pm
by Ossian
About 8 or 10 but I've hammered through the last two or three in an attempt to see some sort of resolution in the battle of Guam before I go and watch my new 'Pacific' Blue-Ray.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:46 pm
by Mike Solli
Still stuck at one and waiting for my opponent to get off his butt. [8|]

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:54 pm
by oldman45
Did six against the AI, but then the g/f came over so that was it for today.

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:58 am
by PaxMondo
I'm hoping for one ... but that will depend upon the kids getting to bed soon.  Else, I will.  [:D]

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:27 am
by CapAndGown
What a loser I must be, I did a turn today!

RE: Christmas Poll

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:02 am
by n01487477
Xmas Day isn't the problem - the day after the night before is ...