Page 1 of 1

Pls help with new content

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:38 pm
by rich12545
Although I've played Harpoon for a long time I've never used custom databases or battlesets. Thought I'd try. At Harpgamer I was able to find the battlesets but not the databases or scenarios for the four in this thread. I understand I will put the scenarios in my user scens folder. But what do I do with the other two files? Do either overwrite the stock file? Thanks for any help.

RE: Pls help with new content

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:45 am
by TonyE
Um, you don't say what thread you are referring to for the scenarios...

You might find great luck posting these questions at HarpGamer (got the files there, may as well ask the questions there) but either place will do I suppose.

HC database downloads: http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.ph ... &showcat=3

The battleset and database files by default will overwrite the stock files (battleset is likely hdsu.res and hdsu.rsr, database is likely commondb.res and possibly commondb.rsr as well).

You can avoid over-writing the database files by using the launcher I've started http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.ph ... owfile=445 as it allows you to specify databases in different locations and/or different filenames than stock.

RE: Pls help with new content

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:21 pm
by rich12545
I guess I'm finally going to join Harpgamer.  I was mostly interested in the Bismarck scenario and couldn't find the database or scenario file.  I'll join today and look around some more and if I still can't find it I'll write there.  Very nice launcher.  Some of the options I don't understand but I imagine there's an explanation around somewhere.

RE: Pls help with new content

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:05 pm
by CV32
ORIGINAL: rich12545
I guess I'm finally going to join Harpgamer.  I was mostly interested in the Bismarck scenario and couldn't find the database or scenario file.

You probably had trouble finding the Bismarck scenario because the author chose to package the scenario, map and database together in a custom built BattleSet that you can find here in the BattleSets downloads section.

Otherwise scenarios would be found in the Scenarios downloads section and the databases they use in the Databases downloads section.
I'll join today and look around some more and if I still can't find it I'll write there.  Very nice launcher.  Some of the options I don't understand but I imagine there's an explanation around somewhere.

Take a look at the FAQ there. If you still have trouble, just holler.

RE: Pls help with new content

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:06 pm
by rich12545
Thx for your reply.  There are two files in that download.  hdsu.res and hdsu.rsr.  And that's it.  I believe they are both files for the battleset.  

RE: Pls help with new content

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:26 pm
by CV32
ORIGINAL: rich12545
Thx for your reply.  There are two files in that download.  hdsu.res and hdsu.rsr.  And that's it.  I believe they are both files for the battleset.

Hmm, so it does. The author must have removed the scenario file.

RE: Pls help with new content

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:58 pm
by TonyE
The scenarios can be embedded in the battleset, they don't always have to be separate files.

RE: Pls help with new content

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:59 pm
by CV32
ORIGINAL: TonyE
The scenarios can be embedded in the battleset, they don't always have to be separate files.

True enough. Duh (on my part). I'm so old school. [:D]