Page 1 of 4

What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 am
by GaryChildress
OK. My list:

Panzer Corps
Commander: The Great War
Commander: Europe at War GS mod 2.0

As soon as these come out, I'm jumping on them. I was anticipating WitE, however, I'm still trying to decide if I will like it or not. For $90 I need to be a little more certain than I am.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:53 am
by vonRocko
ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

OK. My list:

Panzer Corps
Commander: The Great War
Commander: Europe at War GS mod 2.0

As soon as these come out, I'm jumping on them. I was anticipating WitE, however, I'm still trying to decide if I will like it or not. For $90 I need to be a little more certain than I am.

Those are on my list, also add:
Panzer command Ostfront
The new combat mission normandy
and the battlefront WW1 game

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:01 am
by Hertston
I think the MAtrix titles I was most eagerly awaiting turned up in December! Others, though, would be Sword of the Stars 2, FEAR 3 and Portal 2. And Men of War: Vietnam.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:20 am
by Fallschirmjager
There is a game by Rockstar set in LA that is going to be a pulp fiction/noire style game and draws heavily from LA Confidential (one of my favorite movies)

I cannot think of the name of the game ATM but I like that Rockstar is taking a chance with a new IO


Besides that there is not really anything on my radar. Matrix has yet to announce there next big title but I am hoping it is some sort of WW1 or WW2 Atlantic/med naval game.

I am also hoping that the next Half Life and Grand Theft Auto is announced this year.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:41 am
by JudgeDredd
I'm not looking forward to anything. If something comes out and I spot it, as usual I might buy - but right now I'm not thinking of buying anything

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:15 am
by Andrew Williams
A version of Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem that is stable, balanced and universally available.... rather than the plethora of beta patched versions that abound at present.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:48 am
by invernomuto
My list:
Distan Worldw expansion: already bought and playing.
Gary Grisby War in the East: on my wish list.
Panzer Command Ostfront
CM: normandy

I would like to play in 2011: a tactical mech game (like Battletech) and a tactical fantasy wargame (like warhammer)





RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:24 am
by wodin
Red orchestra 2
CM: Battle for Normandy
Over Flanders Field Phase 4

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:33 am
by ilovestrategy
Elder Scrolls V. Woot! I will vanish from the world for a few weeks. I am such a Elder Scrolls freak!

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:14 am
by Bison36
Panzer Command Ostfront

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:30 pm
by SuluSea
What games are you eagerly anticipating?

 
None! I've have WITE, BFTB and WITP AE in my rotation, I was hopeful of Carrier Force but it looks like that was shelved.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:47 pm
by sol_invictus
TW: Shogun2

The Witcher 2

Strategic Command WWI

TESV: Skyrim

Brother Against Brother

Should be a good year.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:09 pm
by warspite1
Matrix World In Flames - although eagerly anticipating is probably not the correct description; try climbing the walls and salivating at the prospect [X(]

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:57 pm
by diablo1
I'm eagerly anticipating Matrixgames next year Christmas sale as always. I pick up the most Matrixgames games then. I still have a few days to dedide on Distant Worlds or BftB and after reading about DW and all it's quirks and not very good ai I'm leaning more towards BftB. I have X3:Terran to play instead of DW and it has a great ai and challenging and 100's of mods that make it even better. Plus I can fly any of my ships too.

I might be interested still in Heroes of Stalingrad but I've about decided for the PC that is vaporware. WIF has also been in production forever and is starting to feel like Combat Leader all over again, but I fear its going to be another one of those $80+ games and I wouldn't buy it anyways. Of course I can't wait for Panzer Command;Osfront the 3 year patch in the making and Battlefronts CM:Normandy when it reaches bargain bin prices not long after release like CMSF did.

I'm still waiting on Rome Total War 2 with hopes the ai from the last version of ETW and M2TW are in it. I'll have to wait Shogun 2 (ugh) out though before that happens.

Hopefully Paradox's Crusader King II will be out this year and EA's The SIMS go Medieval might be pretty good to.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:06 pm
by warspite1
Diablo1, you mention Rome Total War 2 - has that been announced officially or is that a "wish-list" item of yours?

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:15 pm
by diablo1
"wish-list" item of yours?

wish-list eagerly anticipated after Shogun2

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:20 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: diablo1
"wish-list" item of yours?

wish-list eagerly anticipated after Shogun2
Warspite1

Would be great if they did it - still the best of the Total War series IMO - especially if they bring the naval war up to speed.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:44 pm
by DuckofTindalos
Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Shogun: Total War.

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:11 pm
by diablo1
and Shogun: Total War

Shogun: Total War is already out, released back in the late 90's or early 2000's has a Mongol Invasion expansion pak too. [:)]

RE: What games are you eagerly anticipating?

Posted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:14 pm
by DuckofTindalos
[8|]