Page 1 of 1

Uncommon Valor or WItP

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:48 pm
by MacJoe
Hello,

I used to play Uncommon Valor when it first came out. I would like to play again however I think my wife sold it in a garage sale. Is WItP or WitP AE worth the extra $ or should i stick with Uncommon Valor for the low cost?

Thanks for any thoughts.


RE: Uncommon Valor or WItP

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:45 pm
by Titanwarrior89
I would go with Witp AE with out a doubt but be for warned that it is more complicated than UV. Since you probley understand the game system in UV then you'll probley adjusted to WitpAE without to much of a problem. Witp-AE has a Canal campaign in it with a little bit bigger scale.

RE: Uncommon Valor or WItP

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:56 pm
by MacJoe
Thanks for the feedback! AE it is.

RE: Uncommon Valor or WItP

Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 pm
by SuluSea
ORIGINAL: MacJoe

Hello,

I used to play Uncommon Valor when it first came out. I would like to play again however I think my wife sold it in a garage sale. Is WItP or WitP AE worth the extra $ or should i stick with Uncommon Valor for the low cost?

Thanks for any thoughts.

That would depend on what you're looking for.

Uncommon Valor holds a real soft spot in my heart if you're looking to step up I'd go right to WITP AE as it has many improvements over stock WITP and has some of the smaller scenarios with more being worked on. I do like the 30 mile hex's UV provides compared to 40 miles in AE and much better than 60 miles in WITP.

Again it would depend on the person but if it were my money I'd buy AE.

RE: Uncommon Valor or WItP

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:15 am
by decaro
ORIGINAL: SuluSea

... Uncommon Valor holds a real soft spot in my heart if you're looking to step up I'd go right to WITP AE as it has many improvements over stock WITP and has some of the smaller scenarios with more being worked on. I do like the 30 mile hex's UV provides compared to 40 miles in AE and much better than 60 miles in WITP.

Again it would depend on the person but if it were my money I'd buy AE.

I felt the same way abt UV, but when AE was sold "stand alone," I bit and bought it, but
I wished there were more (earlier) UV scenarios as they were more suitable for PBEM.

RE: Uncommon Valor or WItP

Posted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:57 pm
by Ebusitanus
Had the same doubt, read up a bit here and have ordered WITP AE to join the ranks.