Page 1 of 1

Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 am
by xripcurrent
I love the SSI Panzer general games of old. Can I get pointed to the right direction as to which Matrix Games are most similar to those games?

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:02 am
by JudgeDredd
Commander Europe At War and Operation Barbarossa are my guesses. Commander Europe at War is on a strategic scale, whereas Operation Barbarossa is more operational and therefore more like Panzer General

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:08 am
by Hertston
Keep an eye out for the upcoming 'Panzer Corps' as well. Matrix/Slitherene are billing that as the 'spiritual successor' to PzG.

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:16 am
by Yogi the Great
I wonder why I think we may soon see some spam from xripcurrent? [;)]


RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:22 am
by JudgeDredd
I know - but I've decided to not treat anyone as a spammer unless I see them spam - kind of innocent until proven guilty. I believe Terminus takes the other view...[:'(]

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:25 am
by JudgeDredd
ORIGINAL: Hertston

Keep an eye out for the upcoming 'Panzer Corps' as well. Matrix/Slitherene are billing that as the 'spiritual successor' to PzG.
That depends really - on whether they still take that step back from Panzer general that C:EAW took...aircraft "occupying" a hex so you couldn't move ground units into a hex with an air unit or vice versa...that killed it for me (and the naval warfare aspect)

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 am
by Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

I know - but I've decided to not treat anyone as a spammer unless I see them spam - kind of innocent until proven guilty.

Nothing wrong with that at all, probably a good road to take. It does seem though that you can often tell from a persons first (or early posts) what they may have in mind. Somehow the sincere new posters just seem to post a somewhat different type of question or information.

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:42 am
by xripcurrent
Sigh I'm not a spammer :( I just really wanted to know what is a good fit before I make a purchase.

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:50 am
by Yogi the Great
ORIGINAL: xripcurrent

Sigh I'm not a spammer :( I just really wanted to know what is a good fit before I make a purchase.

Ok, I'll take you on your word. Welcome to the forum, many good games from Matrix and it's one of the better forums to participate on. Good luck finding what you are looking for. Battlefield Academy looks like it may be of interest to you as well.


RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:33 pm
by Hertston
ORIGINAL: xripcurrent

Sigh I'm not a spammer :( I just really wanted to know what is a good fit before I make a purchase.

Nothing personal. Just too many 'sleeper' commie.. erm, spammers emerging on these boards at the mo; folks are getting paranoid. [:'(]

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:20 pm
by xripcurrent
Thanks fellas I'm gonna get the digital download versions of the 2 aforementioned games you guys referred me to. That should keep me busy for a while

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:28 pm
by JudgeDredd
I quite liked Operation Barbarossa...C:EaW not so much...it had some short comings plus I wasn't overly keen on the scale.

Good luck

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:39 pm
by hadberz
I liked WW2 ToW.

RE: Need Matrix Game Suggestion

Posted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:29 pm
by ilovestrategy
ORIGINAL: xripcurrent

Thanks fellas I'm gonna get the digital download versions of the 2 aforementioned games you guys referred me to. That should keep me busy for a while

Welcome! [:)]