Page 1 of 1
Newest Nvidia drivers
Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:12 am
by Supervisor
I just figured all you techno jockeys would enjoy to know that the latest Nvidia drivers are available for download ver 29.42.
Nvidia Driver Download
Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:41 pm
by jarnoid
Does the newest version of SP:WaW require them

Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 6:26 pm
by Bing
No - you can play WAW with two tin cans and a string. I'll bet there are still people out there playing it straight VGA. Don't worry - you are playing WAW now, you can play WAW in the future. The game hasn't changed.WAW video requirements in view of what 3D now demands are rather modest - a low end machine will pay WAW fine.
Bing
Hahah rofl
Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:14 pm
by jarnoid
did you guys think i was serious? :p
Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:06 pm
by Bing
Yeah, who knows, you might be dumb enough to be serious.
Bing
Posted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 12:15 am
by Belisarius
Thanks, Gman!
It's on its way... DL DL DL ...
Posted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 6:40 am
by john g
Originally posted by jarnoid
Does the newest version of SP:WaW require them
With Nvidia's drivers it is usually the other way around, newer drivers tend to break the older games, just ask all those who can't get SPWW2, SPMBT or SP2-3 to run.
A lot of Gforce mx users can't seem to get any of those to run.
On the other hand, the computer I'm using now to write this predates 3d accelerators, and it runs all those dos programs just fine.
thanks, John.
Newest isn't alwast best...
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:58 am
by Reg
Be careful with these new drivers if you are running a TNT2 video card. I had to revert back to a set of drivers two years old (back when the TNT was king) due to problems.
Cheers,
Reg.
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 3:29 pm
by Warrior
I've got the GForce 2, I'll try the new driver. Thanks for the info.
Re: Newest isn't alwast best...
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:25 pm
by Belisarius
Originally posted by Reg
Be careful with these new drivers if you are running a TNT2 video card. I had to revert back to a set of drivers two years old (back when the TNT was king) due to problems.
Cheers,
Reg.
I'm using an old TNT2 Ultra card, on a PCI port :p
New drivers work excellent! nVidia rules. I'm drooling over a Gf4 Ti4200 right now... must haaave one... can't beat that price/performance ratio.
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:42 am
by jarnoid
I have GeForce2 MX and i don't have any major problems with SPWaW. Yeah, I said major problems. Sometimes when i start the game i see inverted or black&white colors.. restarting helps sometimes. But no major problems that totally prevent me from starting the game or playing it