Page 1 of 1

Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:36 pm
by Cavalry Corp
Hi


How do these guys get replenished , its only 20 12 41 and i have loads in the pool , even visited a level 7?base with fleet HQ at Siagon , still did not work ?

Cav

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 pm
by Schanilec
I have the same problem with allied mienlayers.

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:11 pm
by 1EyedJacks
ORIGINAL: cavalry

Hi


How do these guys get replenished , its only 20 12 41 and i have loads in the pool , even visited a level 7?base with fleet HQ at Siagon , still did not work ?

Cav

goto page 286 in the manual. You need the right type of tender or for the most part you need a combination of Naval support and port size. Siagon is port size 4 - yes? If so then and you are loading type T-88 mines you need 137 Naval support.

Regards,

Mike

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:16 pm
by DuckofTindalos
RTFM!

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:42 am
by Capt Hornblower
ORIGINAL: Terminus

RTFM!

NOT HELPFUL!

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:59 am
by Mynok

Yes it is. All the answers are there. [8|]

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:16 am
by Ebusitanus
I play a series of games besides this one. I´m shocked at these disgusting "RTFM" comments. If you do not want to answer a question of somebody with doubts, just simply skip it. Somebody else might do so. Or are you really in dispair another quick thread might be created? That the forum will implode?

I just started recently and I do not have a photografic memory of the whole damn manual. Threads like these over semi obscure issues I had not even thought about make my ongoing n00b campaigns better.

Always the same type of forum junkies making life miserable

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:17 am
by castor troy
ORIGINAL: Ebusitanus

I play a series of games besides this one. I´m shocked at these disgusting "RTFM" comments. If you do not want to answer a question of somebody with doubts, just simply skip it. Somebody else might do so. Or are you really in dispair another quick thread might be created? That the forum will implode?

I just started recently and I do not have a photografic memory of the whole damn manual. Threads like these over semi obscure issues I had not even thought about make my ongoing n00b campaigns better.

Always the same type of forum junkies making life miserable


Don´t put too much thought into this comment, you´re new here, if you would have been around for a couple of time you would know how to take these comments. 99% of such threads are answered by the community very well and you probably will find it very hard to find another place where people are that helpful, no matter how often the same questions are asked. WITP forum earlier and now the AE forum are quite good places to be, so if you´ve got a question, just raise it, you usually get quick answers, nobody can expect you to learn 250 pages by heart, nor is everything correct in the manual (which was especially true for the WITP manual).

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:38 am
by Stvitus2002
nor is everything correct in the manual
[&o]

If not for this forum, i would have never known of
the "proper altitude" for dive bombing/glide bombing....etc.





WO 0/0


RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:02 pm
by 1EyedJacks
ORIGINAL: Terminus

RTFM!

This might help you with your disability...

http://www.anger-management-techniques.org/

Regards,

Mike

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:05 pm
by d0mbo
ORIGINAL: Terminus

RTFM!

ORIGINAL: Ebusitanus

I play a series of games besides this one. I´m shocked at these disgusting "RTFM" comments. If you do not want to answer a question of somebody with doubts, just simply skip it. Somebody else might do so. Or are you really in dispair another quick thread might be created? That the forum will implode?

I just started recently and I do not have a photografic memory of the whole damn manual. Threads like these over semi obscure issues I had not even thought about make my ongoing n00b campaigns better.

Always the same type of forum junkies making life miserable

As Castor said, this is a very friendly and helpful place. I saw you question was answered already by a helpful member.

There are only a few people you'd better ignore as they sour up this forum. You are unfortunate to have met one of them as quickly as you did.

Welcome in the wonderful world of WITP/AE! Enjoy your stay! Feel free to post questions or PM me for help. We all have been were you have been. The rewards you reap after getting the basics down (which will cost a bit of time) are many!






RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:26 pm
by Cavalry Corp
I found that unless you disband and form a new sub mine TF it does not work.
I notice the sub TF changes to patrol after it lays its mines, I had not moticed that either.
Do not worry about the other comments - I fell asleep reading the manual last night. The print is not easy on the eye...

Cav

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:55 am
by michaelm75au
I use the PDF version and search for a word or phrase.
And yes, even I occassionally fallback to the manual as a quick check if I can't remeember something.

RE: Jap Mine laying subs

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:06 am
by crsutton
ORIGINAL: cavalry

I found that unless you disband and form a new sub mine TF it does not work.
I notice the sub TF changes to patrol after it lays its mines, I had not moticed that either.
Do not worry about the other comments - I fell asleep reading the manual last night. The print is not easy on the eye...

Cav

No, if the port meets the minimum requirements then you only need to click the "replenish" button and the sub will take on fuel, ammo and load mines if you have it set to "sub minelaying" You do not need to disband. However, it is import to check the type of mines your subs carry and then make sure you have enough in the pools.

Subs lay their mines then change automatically to patrol because they still carry a reduced load of torpedoes, and you want them patroling if they no longer have mines. I have had one lay its mines, revert to patrol and then sink an AK in one night phase.