Page 1 of 7

The Frozen Tundra: Gmenfan vs TimeTanker

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 1:50 am
by Supervisor
Well turn 1 finished, nothing exciting except that a few 57mm AT got stuck in the snow blocking my snow route. So the curtious gent I am, I'm helping them clear the road so traffic can proceed. Oh yeah a US Recon team lost its way in the woods so I started a little camp fire to keep them warm.

Snow Snow Snow.....

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:49 am
by TimeTanker
Brrrrrrrrrr........

I would have to say here at the beginning that this looks like a fantastic map right off the bat, Jess. It was taxing my already senile brain to figure the best strategy to take here.

Managed to take out some recon units and get busy entrenching for the long haul. Looked at my units and noticed it was a long long time to Reinforcements. :eek:

Turn 2

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 1:58 am
by Supervisor
Nothing exciting, stumbled across some entrenchments nowhere to move, I hate impassable passage ways. Your up.

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:53 am
by TimeTanker
Here it is

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:06 am
by Supervisor
Slow going, finally got some of the roads slightly cleared and finally received heavy road clearing machineary.

Helllllooooo?! Where is everyone?

Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 4:23 am
by TimeTanker
Those two platoons are doing their best to keep your heavies off the road. But, it won't be long until you break through there.

I am just having a dickens of a time collecting all of my disparate units that seem to be scattered all over the place.

Hey, Jess this must be pretty boring so far? Or can you see what the two of us are doing?

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:38 am
by M4Jess
posting screen shots tonight!

Jess

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:04 am
by Supervisor
Ok, had a M20 scout come speeding by as he tried to leave my map juristriction so I had to issue him a ticket(to hell). Finally got rid of one of those pesky 57mm AT blocking my snow emergency route. The toll takers need to get the lead out as traffic is backing clear into the next country. Your turn, as I need to warm up some hot cocoa for my my frozen troops.

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:37 am
by M4Jess
SCREEN SHOT!

NOT FOR GERMAN PLAYER EYES!!!

"A STRUMTIGER DIES!"

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 4:40 am
by M4Jess
SCREEN SHOT!

NOT FOR GERMAN PLAYER EYES!!!

ALLIED NORTH ROAD BLOCK

m4 jESS

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:46 am
by M4Jess
sCREEN sHOT!

FOR GERMAN EYES ONLY! :mad:

road-block north!

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:50 am
by Supervisor
Yeah, I told you those toll operators were so slow. My hot cocoa is freezen up waiting for them.

Ok, Ok, I can't help it if I am on PST

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:59 am
by TimeTanker
All those toll operators wanted was some of your hot chocolate! :D

You are very sneaky. getting past most of the roadblocks and getting to the center that quickly.

Took out a Command Car in the North. Don't think anyone was in it however. Possibly you were using it for recon purposes?

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:33 am
by Supervisor
Ok, not much here a few recon battles, you got a Bebop with a 57mm AT from a distance giving away you position. The roads are still blocked as the toll operators ended their strike and started taking out the labor non-negotiations on me. Until tomorrow. I'm still not sharing my hot cocoa.

Trade ya a Hershey bar for some.....?

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:29 am
by TimeTanker
Well, 50 turns of this could be nerve wracking.

I know your out there I can smell the Smores. But, the Polka Tunes gotta go. :p

Got one of those Stugs in the north and a sneaky PFaust 100 trying the back door. Also found that I shouldn't be driving fast in the snow.

Some hot shot Tank Driver from LA was braggin that he knew how to drive in the snow. Almost ran General McAuliffe over. Ever seen an HVSS do brodies?

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:09 pm
by Supervisor
I've got to be sneaky, you've got the roads closed and I don't want to loose to much armor this early. So the smores is giving away my position, I guess they starve know. I offered some hot cocoa but that LA tank driver insisted on drinking his whiskey. Be back soon.

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:10 pm
by M4Jess
Panthers on the Prowl!!:eek:

FOR GERMAN EYES ONLY!!!:mad:

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:15 pm
by M4Jess
The Road to Bastonge! :)

For US player ONLY!!!!!:mad:

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:47 pm
by Supervisor
Ok lost some recon, but have uncovered some hidden entrenchments and troops. Someone built a rifle bunker in the middle of the road, in the process of removing it so some kid doesn't run into it with his sled. Slowly moving through the toll booths hex by hex as I don't trust that the operator have gone on strike again. Weather forecast light snow, with temps in the single digits, time to break out the shorts. Winds shifted some so it's safe to cook smores again.

Posted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 7:56 pm
by M4Jess
Weather forecast light snow, with temps in the single digits, time to break out the shorts


PICK ME UP....GOD THAT WAS FUNNY! :D