Page 1 of 1

Update Question

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 7:12 am
by Duritz
Question on Update effect on save games......

I started a game on the original game and have since updated through 1.10 to 1.11. I've noticed that the superficial updated items take effect straight away (ie. increased tactical information during air-air combat) but that the laws of the game remain the same (ie. mining of deep waters remains effective).

Is this an accurate reflection of the situation?:confused:

Nope...

Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:12 pm
by Erik Rutins
The laws should update as well. I have a long campaign started with 1.00 that had deep water minefields decaying left and right. Of course, if it's an unusually large minefield it might take a week or so, but everything should be in effect except for the OOB changes.

Regards,

- Erik

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 3:47 am
by Duritz
Cheers,

I've been tied down at work and have only progressed a couple of days since updating so that's probably it.

Any tips on how to adjust to the new rules?:confused: :)

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:41 am
by Hartmann
Until the mines float away, be prepared to loose some of your own ships on them .... happened to me, ouch! :)

Hartmann