Page 1 of 1
Icq?
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:56 am
by deilthedog
get in touch to set up TCIP games
105457439
Posted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:41 pm
by Stube
Here is mine:
152103427
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 9:58 pm
by deilthedog
i cannot believe there is only 1 person in this forum that has icq!
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:07 pm
by Belisarius
Originally posted by deilthedog
i cannot believe there is only 1 person in this forum that has icq!
It might be because TCP/IP isn't the first choice of play for many.

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:09 pm
by VikingNo2
Tomorrow morning Stub 0400 my time
ICQ 163346444
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:08 pm
by deilthedog
whats not to like. you can start a battle and complete in 1-2 hours.
a similar battle PBEM could take weeks
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:32 pm
by Goblin
I never had a battle over in 1-2 hours! Are you playing HQ vs. HQ?;)
Yeah
Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:46 pm
by Gary Tatro
Some times it takes an hour to do one turn.
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:23 am
by deilthedog
the battles ive played have been 2000-3000 points each and have taken no more than 2 hours to complete 15 turns each.
im really struggling to find anyone to play against
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:51 am
by Goblin
When I do play online, in the winter months, I usually use 10-15 minutes per turn as the setting. That means a battle of 20 turns takes 3 to 5 hours of time, and that is a relatively low point battle of 4000 or so points, with no interruptions. Add interruptions (minor), and setup (purchase, deploy, etc), chat down afterwards, a game could take 6 or more hours. Mogami and my games certainly did. I haven't tried to play a smaller one, I enjoy the bigger battles. 4000 is smaller than I like.
Goblin- A Goblin likes spending power;)
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:16 am
by deilthedog
ok, well maybe i should give pbem a try
any takers?
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:26 am
by Goblin
deil,
I actually prefer the control that online gives you. However, in the summer monthes, I cannot stay online, playing without umpteen interruptions due to kids, etc. I really didn't want to play a PBEM when Bernie first called me out, but decided to try it.
While it lacks the individual control, it is really nice to be able to play whenever you wish, and just save at an interruption, then resume later. It also allows multiple games at once, something that is its biggest benefit IMO. Come winter, we're on for an online game, for sure!
Goblin- A Goblin marks his calender;)
Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 10:37 am
by deilthedog
i look forward to it
ive only been playing about a week so more practise wont do me any harm