Page 1 of 1

Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:43 pm
by R8J
I can not find it in the manual or forum.

What do the colours mean? Blue, green and black. Not the circle but the segment.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:58 pm
by augustinus
Have you checked page 25 in the manual under "Getting Started"?

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:59 pm
by Schanilec
I think search arc's are only in green and blue. Black? I'm at work so I have no references at hand. But I believe green and blue are for morning and afternoon searches. Can't remember which is for which. But I think green for morning. I'm most likely wrong.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 pm
by R8J
Page 25 tells about aircraft range.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:15 pm
by R8J
I'll have to check, but I believe I saw one while doing my last turn. Will have to wait a few hours to check.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:26 pm
by inqistor
I think colours were added in one of the patches, so probably no reference in manual. There are actually 4 colours. Morning, and afternoon phase, and different for ASW search.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:32 pm
by R8J
OK. Blue would be morning and green afternoon. I think the black I saw may have been ASW, it was a Hudson group, a type I usually have doing ASW work.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:19 pm
by Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: R8J

I can not find it in the manual or forum.

What do the colours mean? Blue, green and black. Not the circle but the segment.

If you're running the beta patch they are listed in the release notes in the sticky in the Tech forum.

063. Fixed Search arcs seem to be generated in reverse sequence. This varies depending on the size and angles of the search sector. Added anti-/clockwise option to search arc on group screen due to confusion when large sectors being assigned
064. Added direction switch on the Search arcs to alleviate searches being in wrong order
065. Tweaked display of search arcs to emulate above change - sectors sharing AM/PM search show as Black (Naval) or White (ASW)

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:59 pm
by mikkey
Information about search arcs are in Interface Addendum.pdf file located in .../WitP AE/Manuals folder. From this pdf:
2.2.1 Naval Search arcs are displayed as a darker blue and darker green. The blue arc is
the morning search area and the afternoon search area is in green.
2.2.2 ASW arcs are half the range of Naval Search arcs and are displayed in light blue and
light green.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:43 pm
by crsutton
I have not even bothered using them as searching without arcs still seems to be OK. Are they working now and should I be using them?

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:46 pm
by augustinus
In my posting to R8J above I made a mix-up (that's how some of my games go, btw). You are correct and thanks for the source, which I had forgotten.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:42 pm
by bradfordkay
ORIGINAL: crsutton

I have not even bothered using them as searching without arcs still seems to be OK. Are they working now and should I be using them?


If they are working (I'm not using the beta patch, so I don't know), then you might want to use them in locations where you want to concentrate your search patterns on the more likely areas (such as not searching the inland areas of the Australian continent).

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:55 pm
by R8J
Thanks. I did not think of the Interface Addendum. I was thinking it was something else.

RE: Patrol Arcs

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:05 pm
by Bullwinkle58
ORIGINAL: R8J

Thanks. I did not think of the Interface Addendum. I was thinking it was something else.

Again, per my post, if you're running the beta patch, the Addendum is out of date. Since you asked about black, I assumed you're running the beta patch.